Apparently Indiana DNR does not regulate the hunting of coyotes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Would rather hear banjo music, than be afraid to step out of my own house.

Why would you be "afraid" of an animal that is MUCH more afraid of you? Were you afraid of the weak nerd on the playground at school? Sure he had the POTENTIAL to harm you, but you knew that it wasn't likely.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Greg, thanks for the link supporting my statement.
    I do know that due to EHD and coyotes deer sightings and my kills have been drastically reduced these past two seasons.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    That is a GOOD thing. I love deer, but can you imagine how overrun with them we would be if coyotes DIDN'T kill half of the fawns? The population would grow exponentially. We wouldn't be doing "population control" hunts on state property, but everywhere. You might think that would be fun at first, but think of the economic impact to farmers and landowners. No one would be able to grow any crops because of the huge overpopulation of the deer. Then disease would set in to the starving masses of deer. Would you rather have coyotes thinning out the deer herd by killing the weak deer, or disease wiping out both the weak AND the healthy deer?

The report states "coyotes can affect deer herds positively or negatively, so their presence can't be summed with a broad generalization"

Why would you be "afraid" of an animal that is MUCH more afraid of you? Were you afraid of the weak nerd on the playground at school? Sure he had the POTENTIAL to harm you, but you knew that it wasn't likely.

multi.jpg

The "multi" button is your friend.

Top Bottom