DBkA6te.gif
    Planned Parenthood party?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Her understanding is that money has value because the government says it does and, that if the government needs money, it just prints more. Thus, if the government spends $40 trillion more than it collects, there is no problem. Of course, this results in inflation, but the government just prints mega-dollars instead of dollars.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The Magical Money Making Machine.

When my kids were young and I would say we can't afford to buy something, they would just tell me to go get some more money from the money machine. Like they see mommy do......... all the time.

Which is the main reason why I had no money to buy things in the first place. :n00b:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Magical Money Making Machine.

When my kids were young and I would say we can't afford to buy something, they would just tell me to go get some more money from the money machine. Like they see mommy do......... all the time.

Which is the main reason why I had no money to buy things in the first place. :n00b:

I still remember an old "Family Circus" cartoon where the little boy is saying, "Mommy got a new box of checks! We're rich!" :):

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The REALLY scary thing is she has an Econ degree from Boston U. I don't know how she got it tbh. But she did.

She's actually following her education/indoctrination where she was taught MMT economic philosophy which claims that government can print money without end and can't go bankrupt.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I hate to bring this up but....
    When's the last time anybody officially saw the gold in Fort Knox? :dunno:

I'm sure by now it's just a stack of post-its that say IOU.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I hate to bring this up but....
    When's the last time anybody officially saw the gold in Fort Knox? :dunno:

I'm sure by now it's just a stack of post-its that say IOU.

Who has seen the gold since we came off the gold standard and all the interstate highways started popping up?

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Her understanding is that money has value because the government says it does and, that if the government needs money, it just prints more. Thus, if the government spends $40 trillion more than it collects, there is no problem. Of course, this results in inflation, but the government just prints mega-dollars instead of dollars.

No need to tax the wealthy, then. Or anyone for that matter.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No need to tax the wealthy, then. Or anyone for that matter.

Well, that's true. The thing is, with the minimum wage being $15 per hour, and no one making more than that because it is discriminatory to pay one person more than another, and bread being $150,000 per loaf, no one can exist except with government assistance.
    With government assistance, everyone will have equal buying power and all will be millionaires.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Well, that's true. The thing is, with the minimum wage being $15 per hour, and no one making more than that because it is discriminatory to pay one person more than another, and bread being $150,000 per loaf, no one can exist except with government assistance.
    With government assistance, everyone will have equal buying power and all will be millionaires.

I understand this. You understand this. Most regular people probably understand this.

She does not understand this.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Yes. Quality trolling, if you ask me.

What AOC didnt say in response, though, was "wtf eat babies?!?! Thats completely insane no way!" In fact she only barely even indirectly rejected the idea:

https://youtu.be/epwUTVUwB7A

One might be able to make the case that "a lot of solutions" actually affirms the idea.
    To be fair, she handled that situation exactly how I would with a client who was suffering from emotional distress or who was obviously mentally ill. If she believed that woman to be sincere and not an act (which it seems she did), she was right to be cautious with how she responded to her.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is how AOC should have handled that Baby Muncher.

[video=youtube;i0GW0Vnr9Yc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc[/video]

Top Bottom