• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I actually think Candace Owens is dumb and money grubbing opportunist that, ironically, isn't afraid to throw out the race card when it suits her purpose.
    For instance:
    -When Ted Lieu played her Hitler clip, during a congressional hearing, she accused him of thinking that "black people are dumb."

What she actually said was to paraphrase, "Mr. Lieu seems to think black people are too dumb to look up the entire Hitler clip for themselves, including the question that prompted her response." Bold added for the part the liberal media and you conveniently left out. The media did the same thing with her original Hitler comments, they do same damned thing all the time to conservatives. , You know this, you're not that obtuse and yet you faithfully parrot it simply because it fits your agenda.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You need to look more into Candace Owens then. She's played the victim more than a few times. Check out the story about how she stiffed a landlord after living there for 6 months.

Thank you for the wake-up call on Owens. Some of your sources would be problematic for me, but I found this one

https://quillette.com/2018/05/08/problem-candace-owens/
    The Problem with Candace Owens

The author appears legit

Obviously, no one but Owens knows how genuine her professed beliefs are. But a look at her history strongly suggests that her “conservatism” is a mix of opportunism, personal grievances, canned slogans and paranoid conspiracy theories.

Since much of her previous persona is tangled up in the fur-ball that was GamerGate, perhaps our resident expert on that GP will see this and weigh in

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What she actually said was to paraphrase, "Mr. Lieu seems to think black people are too dumb to look up the entire Hitler clip for themselves, including the question that prompted her response." Bold added for the part the liberal media and you conveniently left out. The media did the same thing with her original Hitler comments, they do same damned thing all the time to conservatives. , You know this, you're not that obtuse and yet you faithfully parrot it simply because it fits your agenda.

Ok, AND? What do Black people have anything to do with Mr. Lieu? She pulled the race card for absolutely no reason, other than Ted Lieu criticizing her.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thank you for the wake-up call on Owens. Some of your sources would be problematic for me, but I found this one

https://quillette.com/2018/05/08/problem-candace-owens/
    The Problem with Candace Owens

The author appears legit

Since much of her previous persona is tangled up in the fur-ball that was GamerGate, perhaps our resident expert on that GP will see this and weigh in

You're welcome

Kut (tips hat)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m not a fan of Candice Owens. I kinda think she’s an opportunist former progressive who turned on the left because they turned on her.

But I’ll defend her on the quoted statement.

If you’re not looking for the worst interpretation, there’s nothing wrong with that statement. It’s not pro-Hitler. I interpreted that she’s saying it wasn’t the ‘natuonalism’ part that made Hitler evil, it was the other stuff. And she’s right about that. As an ideology, I don’t agree with nationalism. But it’s not a gateway drug to literally Hitler. That’s the message she inartfully articulated.

But, with the many truly idiotic things she has said, you pick that one as your crux? :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She later said that her point was that Hitler wasn't a nationalist. She claimed he was a globalist because he wanted to spread Nazi-ism beyond the borders of Germany.
    Seems a little thin. It also seems thin to say than nationalism equals Nazi-ism.

Uh, she did try to walk it back but I didn’t hear her say Hitler wasn’t a nationalist. His problem was that he was also a racist and wanted to purify the world and make it all “Germany”.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I’m not a fan of Candice Owens. I kinda think she’s an opportunist former progressive who turned on the left because they turned on her.

But I’ll defend her on the quoted statement.

If you’re not looking for the worst interpretation, there’s nothing wrong with that statement. It’s not pro-Hitler. I interpreted that she’s saying it wasn’t the ‘natuonalism’ part that made Hitler evil, it was the other stuff. And she’s right about that. As an ideology, I don’t agree with nationalism. But it’s not a gateway drug to literally Hitler. That’s the message she inartfully articulated.

But, with the many truly idiotic things she has said, you pick that one as your crux? :rolleyes:

I know it's not pro-Hitler. It's idiotic. It has nothing to do with Nationalism or Globalism, and everything to do with an understanding of history.
    Here's what Candace Owens said:
    "If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well — OK, fine," she says. "The problem is ... he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize. He wanted everybody to be German."

The problem was the Hitler had dreams OUTSIDE of Germany??? Hell, Hitler posed a very real problem to a lot of people INSIDE of Germany. She seems to be dismissive of that fact, actually she's dumb, so it's possible that she wasn't really even aware of things like the Nuremberg Laws, and other types of Nazi persecutions. If someone says something that dumb, they deserve to be exposed as a moron.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And back to AOC, recently saw an article that her popularity in her district is very low with only 13% saying the would vote for her and 30%+ saying they would not. Something in the 10% range of her fundraising is local. And there is talk her district may be eliminated and combined with another so she may face an incumbent in the primary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And back to AOC, recently saw an article that her popularity in her district is very low with only 13% saying the would vote for her and 30%+ saying they would not. Something in the 10% range of her fundraising is local. And there is talk her district may be eliminated and combined with another so she may face an incumbent in the primary.

This would be stellar.

Tony Katz laid out where here funding was coming from and yes 90% is from outside her district. Interesting. She is a pawn.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know it's not pro-Hitler. It's idiotic. It has nothing to do with Nationalism or Globalism, and everything to do with an understanding of history.
    Here's what Candace Owens said:

The problem was the Hitler had dreams OUTSIDE of Germany??? Hell, Hitler posed a very real problem to a lot of people INSIDE of Germany. She seems to be dismissive of that fact, actually she's dumb, so it's possible that she wasn't really even aware of things like the Nuremberg Laws, and other types of Nazi persecutions. If someone says something that dumb, they deserve to be exposed as a moron.

I will not dispute the characterization, but I'm forced to wonder if she is any dumber about history than the rest of her generational cohort. Smart money says "maybe not"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I will not dispute the characterization, but I'm forced to wonder if she is any dumber about history than the rest of her generational cohort. Smart money says "maybe not"
    I think you can change "maybe not" to "definitely is". At least I would hope so. If not, then we're in more trouble than I thought.

AOC suggests ‘informed’ millennials are first generation to protest government, forgets about the ‘60s

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-millennials-first-generation-to-protest-forgets-60s

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jeez! Seriously? In no particular order, what about Woman's suffrage? What about the Boston Tea Party? Temperance movement? Revolution? WTF?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It is impressive how she has a toddler's grasp of every situation. She must really feel like a pioneer in every situation she ever finds herself.

Someone give her an owners manual to a disposal to keep her amused...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    She doesn't know what it is, she doesn't know what it does, but is ready to pass judgement on whether it is "green".

You know, your typical informed politician...

Top Bottom