Anyone use the Vortex scope vet program?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Has any one used the LEO/VET program that Vortex Scopes run. They are asking for my DD214 or VA ID and I don't want to send the info if it isn't on the up and up. I would like their top line scope but it is a lot of money.:dunno:

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I am not relative and have nothing to gane off AA optics, But I saved the same 35% off my SCOPE with AA optics is if I used my DD214 buying direct from Vortex and used the military.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    In most cases I can match the Vortex program. Keep in mind, the % discount is off of RETAIL, not internet pricing. Most folks call me thinking they can get x% off of amazon, and it doesn't work like that. You also have to pay for shipping with this program, so on cheap items you actually pay the same or more with it.

If anyone is interested in the program let me know.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    In most cases I can match the Vortex program. Keep in mind, the % discount is off of RETAIL, not internet pricing. Most folks call me thinking they can get x% off of amazon, and it doesn't work like that. You also have to pay for shipping with this program, so on cheap items you actually pay the same or more with it.

If anyone is interested in the program let me know.

So, in laymens terms they really don't have a discount program?????

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So, in laymens terms they really don't have a discount program?????

Not at all, you buy a expensive scope, you will save a lot of money. You buy a 120 dollar scope, you might save a dollar. These types of program will never be what they were before the net because EVERYONE get a huge discount. Before the internet retailers sold close to retail price, so in that instance you would save a lot with an LEO/military program. Now that everyone sells 20% below retail, the savings is not as much.

Long story short, you buy something that there is a fair amount of profit in (IE, expensive scopes), and we can save you more. You buy a cheap scope, we only make a few bucks on, you dont save much, but no company is willing to lose money on something like this.

Top Bottom