anyone recommend a pole building for me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm wanting to build an all steel pole building next year. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer or a builder in the Lafayette area?

About the only company I've checked out so far is this one. Prefab, I-Beam Steel Buildings For Commercial & Residential Uses - AmericanDuroBeam.com

I'm looking to do a 50 x 80 with a divider wall going down the center to make 2 50 x 40's. One side will be a shop and the other will be storage. I will most likely go with spray foam insulation instead of the blanket stuff for the shop side. For heat, I plan on running pex in the floor before it is poured and putting in a couple water heaters with pumps. I'm not interested in making it 80 degrees, just keep the chill off and dry.

If you can recommend a good manufacturer with good prices or a construction company in the Lafayette area that can erect it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    Bluegrass Steel Buildings

Bluegrass Steel Buildings Inc.
    3161 Development Way
    Sellersburg, IN 47172-9570
    Phone(812)246-0237
    Fax (812)246-0260

Contact Tom for a quote.

BSB is a manufacture of pre-engineered steel buildings and can supply to the Lafayette area. I don't know any erectors/contractors in the Lafayette area, but BSB can also quote an erected adder price, however it would probably be higher than someone local due to travel & lodging for the crew.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Bluegrass Steel Buildings

Bluegrass Steel Buildings Inc.
    3161 Development Way
    Sellersburg, IN 47172-9570
    Phone(812)246-0237
    Fax (812)246-0260

Contact Tom for a quote.

BSB is a manufacture of pre-engineered steel buildings and can supply to the Lafayette area. I don't know any erectors/contractors in the Lafayette area, but BSB can also quote an erected adder price, however it would probably be higher than someone local due to travel & lodging for the crew.

I put in a call for a quote and should have one by Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the input. I believe American Durobeam is out of Florida so hopefully a more local company can save me money on shipping.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    ETA, nix that idea. I thought they did steel buildings as well, but a quick review of their site doesn't mention steel frame buildings.

We've always had good experiences with Morton Buildings. I think they're a nationwide chain (or at least throughout the Midwest), but their home office is in IL. We've had a Morton building on the farm since the 60's or 70's (I wasn't even thought of when it was built) and it is still doing well. One complaint I have is that the roof and siding (sheet metal) have faded and lost a lot of color, although I'm sure paint technology has improved a lot since that building was built. My cousin put one up a few years back and he was very happy with his.

Morton Buildings - Pole Barns, Horse Barns, Steel Buildings, Metal Buildings, Storage Buildings, Farm Buildings

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Down there you should try to find an Amish builder.
    They do the work for less than 1/2 the labor of a standard contractor
    I built both of mine and used a guy right over the line for all my steel
    He's cool to deal with and has a real easy way on his website to order the steel

Metal Roofing & Siding For Your Pole Barn, Home or Commercial Building.

I'm going to put steel on the roof of our house next year and will get the steel from him

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I bought my kit from Menards, nobody could touch the materials price.

Had it assembled by a local contractor who was happy to do the work at a fair price.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Did you get a quote on cement yet?
    I was told one thing about some of these big builders such as Morton and that is that if you get a quote ftom them and stall awhile they keep coming back with a lower one. I have not tried it myself but was planning on doing it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm definitely going the all steel route. I've got a wood post barn now where most of the posts are rotten at the ground level. From my best guess using online calculators, I'll have somewhere between $8-10k in the slab and footings. I'm planning on putting in 5 overhead doors. 3 at 10x10 and 2 at 16x12. I figure those will be about $6-8k installed with openers hopefully. I'm not sure I'm going to put openers on the big doors as they will rarely get used.

Top Bottom