Anyone in Greenwood know how to form Kydex?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hi everyone. It's me again. Your friendly neighborhood Indy_Guy. :D

Just wondering if anyone in the Greenwood area has a heat gun capable of heating kydex to make it re-moldable?

Due to the benevolence of another INGO member, I'm now in possession of some IWB J-hooks for my Raven Phantom holster.

Only thing is, these hooks are "backwards" from how I want them. They're currently meant to hide UNDER your belt...with the J-hook coming op out of them.

I'd like to re-form these J-hooks so that I can put the hooks OVER my belt and have the J-come back in towards the inside.

If this seems possible... Let me know and perhaps we can work something out!

Thanks,

-J-

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    You can warm it up enough with a hot hair dryer to form it. A heat-gun would work faster/better, but I've used a hair drier before.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I form all my kydex in the toaster oven. its a more even heat but if your needing to form particular parts the heatgun/blowdryer works better.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Or you could stop by RCS' table at the Indy 1500 being held on January 15-17 and have RCS remold the clips or exchange them for the clips you want.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Or you could stop by RCS' table at the Indy 1500 being held on January 15-17 and have RCS remold the clips or exchange them for the clips you want.

I've thought about that... But don't know that I'll be able to make it this time around. :n00b:

Top Bottom