• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Anyone here CC a Glock 36...I have afew Glocks and love everything about them. I had a 26 but find it just alittle hard to carry sometimes, I have a Kahr cw9 that is my everyday carry gun now. If Glock made a single stack 9mm I feel it would be like my Kahr. I am not ready to give up my Kahr but have been reading alot about the single stack .45 Glock 36. I have only looked at them at the Gunshop. Never shot one. I have a G21 and it is a great shooter, just to big for me to pack everyday. I know all the Diff, between a 9mm and a .45, Can anyone tell me how a 36 would compare to my cw9. I know the 36 holds afew less rounds. I carry in right front pocket in cargo shorts in summer and IWB 4 o'clock in winter....How do you guys like the 36?

Thanks,
    Littlejoe

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I had a 36 & 26, size was very similar. The 36 shot nice, comparing it to a Colt Defender I thought it shot better,less recoil. The one thing I have against the 36 was the mags, they are pretty big, hard to carry extras, compared to a 1911 officers. Also the ones with the extensions +1, will pinch your pinkie sometimes. Just my :twocents:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The 36 I had many years ago had quite a few problems and recalls. I did get pinched by the gap between the bottom of the frame and the mag on every shot and when reloading. I took a piece of felt with a sticky back and taped it to the mag to fill in the gap a bit, took care of that problem.

The 36 if kind of picky about your grip. If you limp wrist it then you will have problems.

This was many years ago but there used to be severe problems with them and factory "recalls" on them. FTF/FTE problems and frame replacements. After mine was worked on I sold it with a full disclaimer to a friend that wanted it for shoot in the back yard. He swore to me that he would never carry it for protection and to this day he hasn't. He's still got some FTF/FTE problems after the frame replacement and everyone that shoots it has them as well.

I have no experience with the new ones, I'm sure they are better now as Glock knew the problem back then. At the time I was much better served with my Glock 33 and 19.

FWIW today I own/carry a Kahr P9, a Glock 19 gen 3 (still shoot my gen 2 better and will someday buy it back) and a Glock 30 among others. My favorite to carry is the P9 IWB due to the size. I'm most accurate with the Glock 30 and have never had a single problem with it. The Glock 19 fits my hand the best but for some reason I don't shoot it as well as the 2nd gen I sold to a friend years ago.

The area I live in is small and low risk so I don't feel under armed (insert joke here) with any of them. When I do venture someplace larger though it's always the Glock 30 or the 19 with a spare mag on my person and a couple in the vehicle along with at least 2 high output lights. All our Glocks have night sights but the Kahr doesn't yet.

If you check out stoppingpower dot net (run by Evan Marshall) and do a search for glock 36 problems you will see quite a bit of info on the older recalls and problems.

richardh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Iowa
    I have carried a G36 for several years. Earlier model had some problems but I've had none with mine. Love it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Mine is a bit newer than the first generation. It belonged to Kinnards80 before me and he did a great job stippling and adding the +0 Pearce extensions that eliminate the pinky bite.

I added the Truglo TFO and it's been my EDC for most of the last year. It's been utterly reliable for me - a pleasure to shoot and carry. It's been the recipient of one failure to feed: a female shooter who moved here from Chicago who had never shot a firearm in her life. This one was maybe the 15th gun she shot that day and was tired so she limpwristed.

I love mine. I typically alternate between it in the summer and a 228 in the winter.

IMG_9507.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg

TT Gunleather IWB Mike's Special

IMG_9504.jpg

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I bought my G36 in 2001 (I think) and I've never had a problem. I work plain clothes undercover Narcotics and rely on the G36 almost everyday. It is my work gun and off duty CC gun. Our police department has horror stories about the G36 however I've not had any trouble. I vowed the first sign of a malfunction I'd sell the gun ..... still have it.

Bang Bang mentions if you have a strong grip you will have no problems and he might be right. I gorrella grip the gun so there might be something to that!

z0mb13_m0nk3y

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Indy
    I carried a 26 for a while and in the last year have switched to the 36. It is bigger. Really only noticed for the first week or so. Only complaint I've ever had was the above mentioned pinky pinch from the mag. I believe the Pierce ext will eliminate that. Looks very good paddling_man.
    Other than that it is a great gun. Accurate, goes bang everytime, makes big holes. Love it.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've mentioned this before. Now that I've discovered a couple of Kahrs, my Glocks, including the G36, remain in the safe. Oh yes, the 36 is prone to limp wristing so do get a gorilla grip on it.

PokerMack1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I bought my G36 in 2001 (I think) and I've never had a problem. I work plain clothes undercover Narcotics and rely on the G36 almost everyday. It is my work gun and off duty CC gun. Our police department has horror stories about the G36 however I've not had any trouble. I vowed the first sign of a malfunction I'd sell the gun ..... still have it.

Bang Bang mentions if you have a strong grip you will have no problems and he might be right. I gorrella grip the gun so there might be something to that!

What are some of the issues people have been seeing?

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've NOT had a single issue with mine, I've even tried to limp wrist it to get it to fail, I can't get it to fail. G36 is an excellent carry piece, if the idea of 6 +1 is a problem just carry the extra mag. Keep the G36 stock and you'll not have any issues.

Top Bottom