• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    What I was mainly asking in this thread was If anyone had personally built one and what they thought of that particular configuration. Thanks alot for the Links though!

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    If it's your first, then go with a 16" barrel and mid-length gas system. Buy a Spike's lower from Aim for $80 and a decent LPK for under $75 (spikes, RRA, Stag, etc...). Then find a 16" mid-length upper (flat-top). You can customize it from there. That config will do everything you want it to.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    If it's your first, then go with a 16" barrel and mid-length gas system. Buy a Spike's lower from Aim for $80 and a decent LPK for under $75 (spikes, RRA, Stag, etc...). Then find a 16" mid-length upper (flat-top). You can customize it from there. That config will do everything you want it to.

It is my First. But I don't want a 16" AR. I want a 20in, A4 Configuration minus the Optic and Full Auto goodies. I've handled and shot 16in AR's and they don't work for me, 20in does. As far as weight and manuverability, if the Marines are over in Afghanistan clearing Houses with it, that extra 4in of barrel Does'nt matter.

Thanks though for the price points.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    It is my First. But I don't want a 16" AR. I want a 20in, A4 Configuration minus the Optic and Full Auto goodies. I've handled and shot 16in AR's and they don't work for me, 20in does. As far as weight and manuverability, if the Marines are over in Afghanistan clearing Houses with it, that extra 4in of barrel Does'nt matter.

Thanks though for the price points.

Ahh okay. Yeah then get a 20 inch. Nothing wrong with them, just not as popular (but still popular). Go for a stainless barrel if you can find one. They look sweet.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Thinkin of goin this route once I start puttin an AR together. Wanna know if anyone has any experience with this and some pics. Thanks:ingo:

mine is a standard lower with an A2 stock from DS Arms. I bought the upper from PK Firearms. It's a Bushmaster upper that has a 20 inch, 1/7 government profile MPI barrel.
    20110504162614.jpg

20110523102209.jpg

Last edited:

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    IMG_2968.jpg

A-4
    IMG_2972.jpg

A-5 Yes I know it's not currently an official designation. Many rifles in this configuration have been seen in the sandbox.
    M14, M1A, SOCOM Series Modstock - Vltor Weapons Systems

"Specially developed on request from the USMC, the “A5” Combo Kit stock configuration was developed specifically for the future upgrade on the M16A4. If adopted, the newly revamped rifle would be designated as the M16A5." from the above link.

Last edited:

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    IMG_2968.jpg

A-4
    IMG_2972.jpg

A-5 Yes I know it's not currently an official designation. Many rifles in this configuration have been seen in the sandbox.
    M14, M1A, SOCOM Series Modstock - Vltor Weapons Systems

"Specially developed on request from the USMC, the “A5” Combo Kit stock configuration was developed specifically for the future upgrade on the M16A4. If adopted, the newly revamped rifle would be designated as the M16A5." from the above link.

How do you like the grip pod?

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Last I heard of the 20" barreled M16, was that the USMC was going to a version with a collapsing stock.

OP, get a good 1:7 GI profiled kit and set it up to your liking. Quick, easy and fun. Shoot the **** out of it with iron sights while saving up for a ACOG. The ACOG is too awesome. My next build will be an A5 version.

Acole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    And what's the point of it being so close to the magwell? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like you'd be just as well off using a magwell grip and saving your money.

Top Bottom