anyone else want a Glock with a smooth grip?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    CCF RACEFRAMES LLC : ALL METAL FRAMES for GLOCK® - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools_

pgroup_7452_image_400x600__shadow.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    An aluminum frame would be nice but I'm not really interested in spending another $350 and a 4473 on a Glock.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Tokyo-Marui-Glock-26.jpg

This is what I was talking about. I believe only the first production 26s were available this way though.

They did make some 27's like this. I saw one at the last 1500. We also have one in our seized guns that we're getting ready to sell at work.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Head to your nearest Marine supply store or boat dealership and ask for some Marine Tex epoxy. Clean off the frame really well (dishsoap works well) and use masking tape to define borders. Mix the epoxy according to the instructions and apply it to the area you want to be smooth. Let it dry and one it's cured you can sand it like wood to get a nice smooth texture. Try to avoid air pockets which may result in craters once you sand on it.

It's not going to be the prettiest Glock in the world but you'll have what you want and the epoxy is tough as nails. You could have the frame coated with DuraCoat to to help clean things up a bit.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Head to your nearest Marine supply store or boat dealership and ask for some Marine Tex epoxy. Clean off the frame really well (dishsoap works well) and use masking tape to define borders. Mix the epoxy according to the instructions and apply it to the area you want to be smooth. Let it dry and one it's cured you can sand it like wood to get a nice smooth texture. Try to avoid air pockets which may result in craters once you sand on it.

It's not going to be the prettiest Glock in the world but you'll have what you want and the epoxy is tough as nails. You could have the frame coated with DuraCoat to to help clean things up a bit.

I may just give that a try.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I forgot to mention that you will want to wait for the epoxy to tack up a little but not cure before removing the tape to reveal your edges. Waiting until it fully cures would be very bad.

Top Bottom