• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I pass out nearly every time I give blood, even just some for a test. Don't know what it is, don't have a problem with the needles and the actual taking of the blood but it never fails as I'm walking out of the doctors office I get light headed and head straight to the ground. That's been my excuse for not giving blood voluntarily.

meegz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Delaware County
    I have had to be quite literally carried out of the chair on more than once occasion after blood work. I hate it. Last time I did quite well though, didn't lose any vision, BP stayed relatively solid, didn't throw up. I was proud of myself.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just gave blood this morning. Have had blood test and not had any problems. I was a little apprehensive as I read some of the post a few days ago. Needle stick wasn't bad then I started heating up like I was in a furnace. Got settled down then was hot again. Nurse said I passed out. I am not sure if giving blood again is on my agenda of things to do very soon.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    At least you have tried. While I am no expert on this issue, I would guess that feeling hot was due to being a "little" apprehensive, and not from the loss of blood. That will usually cause a feeling of lite-heademess, and sometimes a cool feeling. But everyone is different. I have always gotten along fine. But my wife did pass out once, several hours after she had donated. She felt fine, and tried to excirsize, and that must have been the wrong thing for her. They recommend not to over do any type of activites, but she was feeling fine. She never tried that trick again. And has never had any other trouble.

I try to give as soon as I am eligible. and have been turned away for more than 3 times in a rolling year.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    [video=youtube;7bYr_PoVpcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYr_PoVpcY[/video]

Nope. Only hate it when vampires are around.:runaway:

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Shot right before my daughter's 2nd open heart surgery at Riley. Thanks to those who needle up & donate that blood!:rockwoot:

[video=youtube_share;kt2p6kRlkW0]http://youtu.be/kt2p6kRlkW0[/video]

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    the high school i teach at hosts four blood drives a year. any kid that successfully gives 6 times during their high school career get to wear extra red cords during graduation ceremonies. the first of the school year is next week, i will be giving.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Yes! The last time I have blood was approximately 2006. To say, I haven't ventured into timely circumstances at which I would or I would again! The nurse said she was very impressed by my veins. While told to likely 1/2 of Men, it did make me feel good. When they told me they hadn't collected enough blood for my sample to be usable, I freaked out thinking I had a disease they refused to reveal. Seven years later and no blood issues, I STILL have a scar from the nurse who butchered the blood draw!!

Top Bottom