Bean Blossom, IN
    LMFAO. Nice foot monkey. Repped.

That and heres a pic of my foot.

Big_20Toes_20Dikke_20Tenen.jpg

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I don't even know my blood type. I've always avoided doctors like the plague. I have no problems with needles or blood. I usually watch the tube fill whenever I've had it drawn.

My problem is that when its over with an I stand up - I always INSTANTLY pass out. I can sit in the chair and tell them "if i stand, I will pass out" and they NEVER believe me. Till I stand up. The best thing about waking up after hitting the floor is looking at that snotty nurse and saying "TOLD YA SO"

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That and heres a pic of my foot.

Big_20Toes_20Dikke_20Tenen.jpg

Knarly toes and hair! :puke:

I've been am RN for 22 years and have worked mostly critical care and step down units. I've drawn blood from and started IVs in thousands of people as well as messing with Art Lines, TLCs and various other tubes and drains sticking out of people. But let someone near me to draw blood my palms start to sweat!! I HATE having my blood drawn! Since I've had open heart surgery last year it's not nearly as bad as it was before but it still bothers me. :dunno: Also in my experience the biggest guys are normally the worst patients to get blood from. They are usually the most nervous and fidgiting around more than some lil old lady.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I wish I could, I am A+. Never have liked needles. I gave in high school, right after gym class and before lunch. Felt woozy but did not pass out. I later went in college and had a very negative reaction to giving - ie passed out when they pricked my finger.:rolleyes:

I don't think it matters now, though. I lived in Great Britain in 1989 and my understanding is that somehow dings me from giving.

If allowed and there was an INGO drive, I would.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Knarly toes and hair! :puke:

I've been am RN for 22 years and have worked mostly critical care and step down units. I've drawn blood from and started IVs in thousands of people as well as messing with Art Lines, TLCs and various other tubes and drains sticking out of people. But let someone near me to draw blood my palms start to sweat!! I HATE having my blood drawn! Since I've had open heart surgery last year it's not nearly as bad as it was before but it still bothers me. :dunno: Also in my experience the biggest guys are normally the worst patients to get blood from. They are usually the most nervous and fidgiting around more than some lil old lady.

Yep this big guy was fidgiting alot. The lady kept calling me "big sweetie" and she is a milf:rockwoot:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I have no problem with having blood drawn, in fact just had 2 vials drawn this morning

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Today was yearly physical time again. It's been a year and having blood drawn still sucks ass.

I was wondering why the rebirth of the thread.
    I used to give blood in Korea because they gave us the rest of the day off. So it'd be give a pint and rehydrate w/beer. Talk about a fast drunk!

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    You big sissies! LOL I am type O- so the blood banks call me at home trying to get me to come in. I knew I shouldnt have put my number on that form.

I donate whenever possible mainly because my son spent 10 weeks in the NICU and had to have lots of transfusions, and I have seen and heard of people not getting treatments becuase there is no blood available for them. especially type O people.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I used to donate platelets when my sister had a bone marrow transplant back in the early 90s. I was single back then, and if I had been out drinking the night before, the platelets would come out a greenish color. My sister swore she could tell when she got mine, because she'd get a buzz. (my two brothers also donated platelets for her, but they weren't drinkers). And I still have some very faint scars/track marks from that.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Giving blood in those little tubes is NOTHING like giving blood for the blood bank. I think they use large-bore needles with the diameter of an ink pen. You want me to call and get you on their schedule? :D

If god wanted me to donate blood I would of been born with a spigot.:D

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I am a total wimp when it comes to that... I always freekin pass out no matter what. last time I was all cool and psyched myself up and did great till I walked to the back to get some juice- passed out and cut my forehead on a desk. Then I was cool again and met some friends for lunch and passed out in the lap of one of my coworkers in the don pablos booth. I was super awesome and shamefully I haven't given blood since.....

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    They have a tough time getting my veins up. In the hospital a couple years back they had to get a special IV team to stick me since the nurse couldn't find a good vein. I never watch them do it, and always feel a little woozy afterward. Dr. told me its all in my mind.

win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    I gave blood at South Bend Med. Fond.never a problem .We had a blood drive at the D.A.V. in Elkhart for the Red Cross. The guy that tapped me was a dummy.He went in and back out the side. After more trys he finily got it right. Pain was unreal. They put a compression bandage on to stop the bleeding. Next time I will get a nice gentel gril.

Top Bottom