• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I hate giving blood, having my blood pressure checked and even feeling my pulse.

This morning I had to have my yearly physical at work. Of course they had to take my blood because I am exposed to Oncolytic Drugs everyday and they like to monitor us.

I'm 6'3'' 245 and a little needle brings me down. It's only really bad when I can tell the person taking it isn't confident and of course if they don't get the vein right away. Luckily the lady this morning was good and she made it an ok experience. Don't get me wrong...it still freaked me out:D

Anyone else freak out when they give blood?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Giving blood in those little tubes is NOTHING like giving blood for the blood bank. I think they use large-bore needles with the diameter of an ink pen. You want me to call and get you on their schedule? :D

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Giving blood in those little tubes is NOTHING like giving blood for the blood bank. I think they use large-bore needles with the diameter of an ink pen. You want me to call and get you on their schedule? :D

Ha! I decided in high school during our blood drives that I'd NEVER do that unless it was for family or a friend. NEVER! Just seeing the blood bags as I walked by ruined my lunch for the day.

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    ohhh no dont give blood and they better knock me out to get it. Had to do it once and when they took it they stuck me 3 times and nothing then on the 4th try bam a 5 foot little stream of blood comes shooting out my arm! Never agian and sure not by free will will that ever happen agian.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ha! I decided in high school during our blood drives that I'd NEVER do that unless it was for family or a friend. NEVER! Just seeing the blood bags as I walked by ruined my lunch for the day.

Okay, would you do it if we scheduled an INGO OC blood drive? :dunno:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I gave blood for the first time during a blood drive at work about 2 months ago.

I hate needles. I dont know what possesed me to do it, but I felt good after I did. Im glad I didnt look at them putting that needle in, because it was freakin HUGE! Largest gauge needle I had even seen short of the needle I use to inject turkeys before frying. HUGE I say!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Okay, would you do it if we scheduled an INGO OC blood drive? :dunno:

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

If the lives of my wife, kids, grandkids, dad, brother depended on it, I would give any amount needed—in any way needed. But never at a general collection. They would have to pay be huge sums to get at my O-positive blood.

:draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw:

:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't have a problem donating blood nor blood draws for lab work...

As long as I don't watch the needle go in, that is.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    HAHA yes!

I wonder if they keep drawing it if you pass out? Then I might be ok cause I guarantee I would.

Nope... The instant the taker determines that the giver is having issues... They stop everything ASAP and work to recover the patient.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So that's why you don't put your toes in the pics of your WTS adds:D

That and heres a pic of my foot.

Big_20Toes_20Dikke_20Tenen.jpg

Top Bottom