• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I wouldn't consider it personally but I'm sure the main reasoning behind those who do: "a gun is better than no gun".

Not to mention, highly concealable.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    For all the nay sayers look at how many ppl are killed by the lil ol .22 every year. A lot are hunting accidents but many are in self defense shootings. A Stinger to the face will definitely spoil your day.

Not aimed at you btw config... lol.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    if i carried a .22, but i wouldnt, it would have to be a revolver. the .22 auto loaders seem to jam too much to be reliable b/c they dont have the recoil to reliably cycle themselves. i dont know anything about the .25s

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I ask because I only own two handguns and I carry them both. A Ruger LCR 38 special that's rated for +P and a Taurus PT-25. I consider the Taurus my backup gun.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've seen quite a few people that have been killed with a .22 and .25.

Then again I've run across two people in the last year that had been shot with a .25 and were able to hide it while talking to them.

We had a girl get shot with a .25 last summer. The bullet was stopped by the extra coin pocket in her jeans (the fifth pocket that's usually in the top portion of the right front pocket). The extra layer of denim apparently stopped the round. Nobody would really talk, though, so I don't know what distance she was shot from.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I sometimes OC with my Heritage revolver, usually 22mag. Mostly when I'm hunting or hiking, etc. and I just happen to be out with it on. I have thought about keeping my J-22 in the truck. I've had few FTE with it, but it doesn't "aim" worth a crap. But inside a truck cab, I think I could hit them, somewhere!!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    With the hyper velocity .22's on the market. Well placed shots would do the job. Now it depends on the barrier though. I would not want to carry a .22LR during winter months. Only because people wear thicker clothing. On the other hand a .22MWR is quit potent for it's size. Example: My mom bought a steel spinner target, that is rated up to a 44 mag. Now the rounds fired where out of rifles granted. However the .22LR would just leave splash on the target. The .22MWR actually left about 1/16th" indents in the steel. This is not flimsy steel either.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I sometimes OC with my Heritage revolver, usually 22mag. Mostly when I'm hunting or hiking, etc. and I just happen to be out with it on. I have thought about keeping my J-22 in the truck. I've had few FTE with it, but it doesn't "aim" worth a crap. But inside a truck cab, I think I could hit them, somewhere!!

My fiance's j-22 is pretty accurate at 7 to 10 yards...

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I carry a .25 sometimes, I'll be cutting grass in a cut off t shirt and shorts and will want to CC so I toss it in my pocket. Like they say .25 in the pocket is better than a .45 at home.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I ask because I only own two handguns and I carry them both. A Ruger LCR 38 special that's rated for +P and a Taurus PT-25. I consider the Taurus my backup gun.
    If you don't want to do open carry I'm thinking there will be times when concealing the 38 might be a pain to do quickly. For those times the 25 is certainly better than being unarmed.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    If you don't want to do open carry I'm thinking there will be times when concealing the 38 might be a pain to do quickly. For those times the 25 is certainly better than being unarmed.
    I'm actually doing my first open carry tonight (since I just got my LTCH). We're going to McDonald's. The 38 is open and the .25 is concealed.
    Plus with a 22 you can really afford to shoot a lot. Hitting what you aim at with a .22 is better than missing with a .44 Magnum!
    That makes sense.

hunterft6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Noblesville/Fishers
    If I had no other choice, I would carry a .22 or .25. But, as suggested in an earlier post, considering the dimensions of a kel tec or ruger lcp, why would you? I pocket carry a p3at everyday in dress pants and all but forget that it is even with me.

Top Bottom