• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I haven't been in the fishing game for a long time.( I know crazy right.) I used to go all the time when I was younger but got into other things over the years and lost the place I went to so all of my tackle eventually went to crap over time. I have been invited by a friend to go, plus with my girlfriends parents, plus there is a pond where my parents camp. So I went and spent a ton of money and am now prepared no matter where I go.

When I was into fishing regularly one thing I wanted to do is try lure building. I have seen the kits to make your own spinnerbaits, ect on bass pro shops and cabelas' and wondered if anyone has tried them or knows a better place to get some?

Can't wait to heal from my surgery so I can get back out on the water.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I throw things together with northland components all the time. I don't cast my own jigheads or bend my own frames though. Too much work and not a lot of benefit when you see the variety of stuff available from Northland.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    Jann's Netcraft is a good place to get lure building supplies. I have been building/assembling lures for over 25 years. It is a great way to save money and have fun. I always got a kick out of catching a fish on a lure I designed and made. I even had my kids making the lures with me. I keep everyone on our annual Canada trip supplied with spinner baits, twister tails, crankbaits and mepps style baits. We always manage to catch enough fish to eat each night. One bait I assemble works very well for small mouth bass, the guys refer to it as the "candy bait". The best advice I can give you is to "just do it". Design and build a lure, you never know, it might be the next wonder lure. Good luck

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    i had a buddy who bought a few of the bass pro spinner bait kits, and u can paint your own skirts, and heads nd choose different sizes colors, lots of different blades. he was a big fan of the speckled white, red and lighter green. so he made one with all 3 colors. it actually worked alot better then 7 and 8 dollar spinner baits we got from basspro. and he was alot happier catchin fish on something he pretty much made!:ingo:

Top Bottom