Anybody have some good Netflix recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Breaking Bad (One of the best and entertaining series I ever watched as of late. Excellent acting, great characters)
    Walking Dead (Wasn't into the zombie fad, but got sucked into it. Even the GF, who hates gore, loved the series)
    LOST (Takes awhile to get into it, but there's plenty of episodes and seasons to reel you in)
    Band of Brothers (If you haven't watched this, where have you been?)

Others I'm considering watching:
    Revolution (post apocalyptic future; no electricity for 15 years)
    The Unit (A show about the lives of some Delta Force operators)

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My dad and I find it slightly disturbing that we find ourselves rooting for a serial killer when he gets in trouble :lmfao:

Exactly! It kind of bends the rules. It's always putting me on edge. Is he getting caught or how will he avoid getting caught! Of coarse I know he won't be caught since there are so many seasons.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    My dad and I find it slightly disturbing that we find ourselves rooting for a serial killer when he gets in trouble :lmfao:

Yeah, Dexter was awesome. That's just good writing there. Portraying the Antagonist as the Protagonist or vice versa. Whereas in Breaking Bad, the Protagonist becomes the Antagonist.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yeah I vote for Archer too.
    It's the first time that I realized a cartoon character could be erotic
    AND NO I'm not talking about Archer.

I'm talking about Pam
    mmmmm Like them big gurls.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    "Arrow" Season 1 is on Netflix. I was hooked after the first episode or two. I was lucky enough to catch it on Netflix at just the right time to were I didn't miss any episodes between normal TV programing, Netflix, and replay on the internet.

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    Second on LOST. got back into it this past week and now my sleep routine is all screwed up from that last episode I just had to watch.
    The Unit is also great. I have been digging the recommendation within the cerebral documentaries, religious based ones and ones about more natural plant based eating patterns.

Netflix has has now ruined me.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I guess my next one will be Breaking Bad and then some of the British stuff.

"Sherlock" is excellent...You can watch all six episodes and PBS is running the new episodes this month on KET (and I am assuming Indiana's PBS stations will as well) on "Mystery"....

Very witty, very CSI, very well written and amazingly enough manages to stay true to the orignal Sherlock Holmes stories....But updated...Like nowdays everyone kind of assumes that Sherlock and Watson are a couple and it's funny watching Watson deal with explaining that "we are not together we just work together'...

[video=youtube;p9Cca7Nq2Zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Cca7Nq2Zs[/video]

Also if you can handle subtitles....

My Way
    Warriors of the Rainbow
    Max Manus Man of War
    and Kon Tiki

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a few:

Mad Men- One of the best dramas on TV. Period. The earlier season are better, IMO, but it's all great.

Battlestar Galactica (the new one)- even if you're not into sci-fi, you want post-apocalyptic? Here it is. Tensions between military and civilian leadership, reformatting society, secrecy vs. openess.

Arrested Develpment- For me, hands down the funniest show.....ever. You have to watch it closely or you'll miss good stuff and watch it from the beginning. The running gags are one of the centerpieces. It only needs Dr. Tobias Funke to be funny, but it has so much more.

The League- funny, funny, funny....but pretty cringe inducing at times.....based on friends and family in a fantasy football league, but you won't believe some of the situations that arise. Some seriously twisted, but funny, minds involved here.

Lost- I loved it when it was on TV and I sense binge watching may be better yet.

Malcolm in the Middle- an oft overlook sitcom that is more irreverent than most family sitcoms, but with a loving, though dysfunctional family at the center. Brian Cranston, pre-Breaking Bad- hilarious

For TV "comfort food"...and it is both comforting and entertaining:

Dragnet
    Adam-12
    Andy Griffith
    Star Trek (pick a series, OS, NG, Voyager, Enterprise...even DS-9 if you have to)
    Dick Van Dyke
    Magnum P.I.

Guilty Pleasures- sometimes ashamed to admit I watch, but I do"

Gold Rush- it makes everyone feel like they could do a better job than these guys

Tin Man- a psychedelic trip back through OZ

NUMB3RS- You have to suspend disbelief...a lot of disbelief, but it's entertaining

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Burn Notice for sure... they are up to the sixth year I believe. Lots of good watching.

Pawn Stars to see all the neat guns that come in. A decent one every other show it seems.

Psych to watch the best interaction between two guys since Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am absolutely loving Dexter! I just completed the first season and I hope they build upon the storyline and not jack it up.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am absolutely loving Dexter! I just completed the first season and I hope they build upon the storyline and not jack it up.

It just keeps getting better. I am on the last season now and very curious as to how they wrap it up.

Doesn't it feel weird just a little rooting for a serial killer :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It just keeps getting better. I am on the last season now and very curious as to how they wrap it up.

Doesn't it feel weird just a little rooting for a serial killer :):

I hated how the wrapped up Weeds. They could have done a much better job with that one.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I watched The Americans last season and recorded the episode from last night. It really makes you wonder who is around you.

Top Bottom