• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    My Mom has a 5 shot 38, and my Dad has the same thing, only hammerless. both are still in beautiful shape (stainless rocks) and work fine. I bought a pt111 this year, and works fine as long as you clean it every 150-200 rounds. Any longer than that and she gets picky. I recently aquired a Raging Bull in 44 mag. Only shot it three times. Love It. Shoots better than it feels, but to hunt with it will be great!

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i loaned a guy 200.00 today for a 689 357 mag w/ 6 in. barrel.he told me to keep or sell it.he is layed off from chrysler in kokomo.i will shoot it a little tomorrow in tenn.

lancinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    Dekalb County NE indiana
    Yes, i am a fan of Taurus! i have a p92C and i really like it, it's dependable and shoots well. MY brother has had a couple and has had great luck with both of them. my opinion. Taurus firearms are well made dependable arms.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've got a 24/7 Pro that I like a lot. The only problem I have with it is that it shoots a little low. I'm trying to find an adjustable rear sight, but have no idea what height sight to get.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    For an inexpensive gun, honestly I think very highly of the Taurus. Many of their models were brought out pre-maturely. The PT111 is one of those that came to the market flawed. It has been upgraded and now in its third version (the Millenium Pro) it seems to be very reliable. Taurus revolvers seem to be very well made and seem reliable too. The company may to its beta testing of products on the public, but when they do their their product right, it seems to be a good product and a very good price point.

I just bought one for my daughter for her 8th grade graduation :draw:

1-21.jpg

The PINK ones come in 32acp, 380acp and 9mm. My daughter's favorite pistol is a Browning Hi Power in 9mm, so I didn't see any reason to get her a smaller caliber when I picked up this gun for her.
    I shot my Millenium Pro Pt111 for the first time today. They have a lot of trigger movement before it connects, but I figured that is the nature of the beast. It shot fine...no problems. The only problem I had was loading the magazine....it has the strongest spring I have experienced in an auto.
    Right now the magazines are sitting in the safe fully loaded to try to soften the springs up a little.:twocents:

pgw0321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Camby, IN
    DSC00216.jpg

I started collecting Taurus a few years back, people told me Taurus was junk.
    I have never had a problem with any one of them. I have more then a few, from 9's to the Judge, and I love them all.

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Shoots Low

I've got a 24/7 Pro that I like a lot. The only problem I have with it is that it shoots a little low. I'm trying to find an adjustable rear sight, but have no idea what height sight to get.
    I shot my PT111 Yesterday for the first time and I found out that if you sight it with the front sight raised high it works ok.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I shot my PT111 Yesterday for the first time and I found out that if you sight it with the front sight raised high it works ok.

Yeah, but I'd rather have it hit to POA, than have to remember to compensate like that. I like the gun a lot, except for that, and it probably bothers me more than it should. I'll keep searching for a replacement rear sight that is taller, yet still has rounded edges so it doesn't dig into my arm when it's in my holster.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Yeah, but I'd rather have it hit to POA, than have to remember to compensate like that. I like the gun a lot, except for that, and it probably bothers me more than it should. I'll keep searching for a replacement rear sight that is taller, yet still has rounded edges so it doesn't dig into my arm when it's in my holster.
    If you should find adjustable sights...Let me know....Thanks

Fiexie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    I started collecting Taurus a few years back, people told me Taurus was junk.
    I have never had a problem with any one of them. I have more then a few, from 9's to the Judge, and I love them all.

I don't know why, but that steel judge just looks sexy to me. I know I've seen the Box-O-Truth, and numerous posts beating it, but I just want that for my first revolver, and I don't know why. Is there a fair price for that revolver?

pgw0321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Camby, IN
    Last edited:

decalguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    I have a PT99 that I've owned for many years with no problems. I've surprised people with the ammo it will feed. The cheapest stuff I could find, no problems at all. I was given a Galco leather horizontal carry shoulder rig for it, I can carry it all day comfortably. I rarely ever clean it and it never fails.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    don't have any semi auto but i do have a 6 1/2 inch stainless judge and i love it .
    Everytime i got to the range several people come to me to see what it is and they find it amazing also ..

So yes i am a fan ...

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    love my pt 145.its been the best gun ive ever had besides my kimber. it beats my glock's,ruger's,xd's,and bersa. i get crap all the time from people that say im on crack. but here are the facts i have all the top brands and shoot them alot. my pt145 is one of the oldest i have and had the most ammo threw it,and it is the most accurate and reliable i have shot. i have never had a jam of any kind from the day i bought it until today. out of the box it shot right on point (my glock out of the box was high and to the left and had 2 jams in the first 50 but none since)in my opinion taurus is one of the best pound for pound guns out there. if it were just mentioned more in some rap songs i say you would see alot more poeple rave about them.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Taurus Handguns

I have a PT1911, a Raging Bull in .44 Mag and a model M44 and all seem to be very good firearms. Tauruses in the beginning seemed to be like Llamas in that both had poor quality control and you never knew what you were going to find in the box. Taurus has seemed to correct that problem and seems to consistently be putting out a pretty good product IMHO.

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I just picked up a PT 145 and I really like it. I have also had PT 92 and a PT 140 and have not had any problems with any of them. I have been looking at the PT 1911's lately to pick up.

Top Bottom