• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Or am I the only one?
    Several other forum sites don't seem to want to give the time of day to a Taurus owner.
    Lots of people have complaints about Taurus. Am I just that lucky? I own no less than eight different Taurus handguns, and I like every one of them. I've not had a problem with any of them, and even the shortest barrel produces better shot patterns than I would have expected.
    I see from the thread titles that there are a lot of Sig & Glock fans here. That does not REALLY mean anything. After all, The Dixie Chicks have a following too!
    What do you think?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We both love Taurus pistols at my house.For CC they work very well.All of them we have owned have been very reliable(well there was one PT140 Pro that out of the box was a piece of crap...but I think it was the exception to the rule all others have been 100% reliable).That said I have been converted to Beretta,Grumpe still carries a PT140 as her daily carry.And I still enjoy shooting Taurus pistols.:twocents:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Have PT1911
    Had a PT99 stainless back when they were $300 less than the Beretta 92 The trigger was so so on the 99 but shot better than I did. Love the feel of my 1911 but I still haven't gotten to shoot it yet. Traded my SA XD Sub 9 which was my primary carry for a Para C 7.45 so I have to get to the range for some reliability and basic trigger time very soon. Over 2500 dry fires and 300 safety cycles on the taurus with zero issues to date. My ambi safety is still together so I don't anticipate that gremlin. So yes there are a few of us Taurus fans here. Just enjoy the other topics watch out for the landmines. If you are looking for a fan club there are much better venues than INGO. Most here seem to shoot anything they can get their paws on.lol

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For an inexpensive gun, honestly I think very highly of the Taurus. Many of their models were brought out pre-maturely. The PT111 is one of those that came to the market flawed. It has been upgraded and now in its third version (the Millenium Pro) it seems to be very reliable. Taurus revolvers seem to be very well made and seem reliable too. The company may to its beta testing of products on the public, but when they do their their product right, it seems to be a good product and a very good price point.

I just bought one for my daughter for her 8th grade graduation :draw:

1-21.jpg

The PINK ones come in 32acp, 380acp and 9mm. My daughter's favorite pistol is a Browning Hi Power in 9mm, so I didn't see any reason to get her a smaller caliber when I picked up this gun for her.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i currently own a pt1911 and have a pt145 for sale in the classifieds....;) i know, its a shameless plug.

but seriously, i think taurus makes a good product for the price...esp the 3rd generation Milenium Pro series. time will tell how my 1911 holds up.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I got a PT145 in a trade kinda by accident and didn't think anything of it, I liked the way it fit my hand and it was a natural pointer, then I took it out to Sarges place to do a function test and I was so surprised and impressed it is now my daily carry piece. The recoil is seemingly softer than my Combat Commander and the accuracy completely blew my mind. For 10+1 of .45acp in such a small package I give at least this model of Taurus a big :yesway:...

Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    Just got a PT145 last weekend and am still trying to get to the range with it. I come off call tomorrow, so should be good to go this week.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    had my pt145 since march and on first trip to the range had 3 ftf out of 100 rounds came home cleaned it up reall good went the the range again and had no issues. i love it just wish there were actually some accessories on the market for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    I owned a Taurus model 85 stainless .38 SPL snubnose revolver many years ago! I don't know why I sold it? I paid less than $200.00 for it and it went bang everytime! I think the classic models (copies) are the better ones though! Rule #1 buy what you like and can afford!

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I got a PT145 in a trade kinda by accident and didn't think anything of it, I liked the way it fit my hand and it was a natural pointer, then I took it out to Sarges place to do a function test and I was so surprised and impressed it is now my daily carry piece. The recoil is seemingly softer than my Combat Commander and the accuracy completely blew my mind. For 10+1 of .45acp in such a small package I give at least this model of Taurus a big :yesway:...

Yeah it is / was a great gun............I want it back :crying: !!!
    I personnally never had any issue with any of the Taurus firearms that I have owned.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If this keeps up it's gonna be Taurus against,,, those other plastic guns .

I won't mention them by name cause they already receive way too much time and post space , but they know who they are .

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If this keeps up it's gonna be Taurus against,,, those other plastic guns .

I won't mention them by name cause they already receive way too much time and post space , but they know who they are .
    WOW!Thanks folks. Guess I'm NOT the only one here.
    I have owned a Taurus wheel gun model 607 .357mag for more than 15 years with no issues. It has taken whitetail, and coyote. Also have a 20+ year old PT99 in 9mm that never misses a beat. Some of the others are, but not limited to, "Raging Bull" .454 casull, model 605 total titanium in .357mag, PT145 in .45acp, 24/7 OSS DS in .40S&W, "The JUDGE" in .45colt/.410, and a model 5306(?) 2" snubbie in .327 federal magnum.
    As I stated before, I've yet to have problems with any of them!
    Most are new(er), but some have seen thousands of rounds with no hiccups!

Top Bottom