• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    one man's trash is another man's treasure.

it all depends what you're into.

i happen to like savages. i have a particular fondness for model 24's.

i have an old savage model 24 that is probably worth $300.00. but i wouldn't sell it fo $3,000.00. got it from my grandpa when i was a kid.

so i don't really care what kind of firearms a person likes or what they pay for them. any gun is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

as long as you find a gun you like at a price you felt was fair it's all good.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I am allowed to be an AK snob now, I have an Arsenal SLR106FR with all Bugarian stuff for it. :D In fact, I get to be a tactical .223 snob too (1/7 twist barrel, somehow endows the owner with ninja powers, makes em into a Danger Ranger). :D

I am a 1911 nut, but stick to the Gunsite/Jeff Cooper guidelines as to what is recommended, acceptable, questionable and objectionable to do to a 1911. You would be suprised how many guns would fail those tests. A 1911 with a lowered port, beveled mag well, high vis sights and a lanyard loop is ideal, but things like extractor modifications, "duckbill" grip safeties, fancy wood grips and even STAINLESS PARTS are considered no-no by Jeff Cooper! Puts the $1K+ 1911 crowd to shame! :D:D:D

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I was going for some toungue in check humor here. I bout the glock be cause I prefer to shoot it over the xd and hk's lower bore axis lessens felt recoil. I haven't got into the 1911 field yet and when I do I will probably get a loaded springfeild or Dan wesson, I have played with an STI, a Wilson, and a Les baer 1911 style gun and was not overly impressed, I may end up with a SMith preformance center 945 but only if its the price condition I consider good to excelent. Bu tI am not in a hurry for a 1911. I will probably get a walther P99 first. I keep finding thigs that annoy me with the more common guns like the ar-15 and the 10-22. every where I go people keep talking up the XD, 1911, Ar-15, 10 22, remington 870, and the such. I shoot all my guns decent, but I am hard on myself. a good many people would be happy with my scores. I want to get into NRA highpower, but still working on what gun, caliber, I am going run. I probbaly won't be running a standars rem 700 though when I start. I keep finding guns that fit my needs and feel at the time. the glock is a great gun regardless of what the xd nuts say.

Also what is wrong with the SLR -95 can you name an AK that is better in any real aspect? It was my favorite short of a getting a valmet, which i could neither find nor would be willing to pay for.

What this was intended to be was just some venting. I have heard too many debates in a few other groups by the _____ gun is the best crowd. and have come to realize that at 22 I have a hell of a collection, and gett annoyed when most people reccomened a gun to me, I generally don't like it for one reason or another. Even here it happends, I ahve come to really like shooting the 2206 and the more I shoot one the less I like the ruger series .22 pistols. and peope keep pushing it to me aven tonight I got into a discussion with my grandfather. Told him I was loking for a 2206 since I like it more than any other .22 auto loader pistol I have shot. he took me to his safe after a few minutes of disscusion and offered me one of his rugers mark III's he is trying to sell.

I will end up with a neat collection. And now matter how many competitons are won with a particular guns. or how many awards a particular gun wins my idea of good will be based on fit finish, feel, accuracy, and how well I shoot it. ( as a side note. no matter how much the HK line of pistols cost or how they are regarded, only a few will end up in my collection, those on the list is a P7, Mark and maybe the P7 style gun chambered in .45 auto. maybe something down the road they could produce, but not in the standard usp series. )

IN_Revol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    The Greater West Laf
    i don't think it makes you a snob just because you know what you like! I happen to like my Glock, my 1911 clone, my 642, and my Savage 16 (holy accutrigger, batman!) all pretty equally.

I also happened to get great deals on all of them. I'm cheap that way!

Just to stir the pot... I like my .45 Sig Sauer just as much as my 1911 clone! I can even hold them in the same hand at the same time!

Snob this! ;)
    1911-Stain-R-detail-L.jpg

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Hate to get off on the wrong foot but I HATE snobs. I have both high end, and low end firearms. People buy what they can afford, AND what is practical for them.

I encourage ALL shoters no matter what their income is. If that pisses anyone off, so be it!

TempusFugit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    I'm a "best bang for the buck" kinda guy. There are great 1k+ guns and great guns under 200. The fun begins with the inexpensive guns suddenly get "discovered" by the shooting community and prices skyrocket. In short, buy what you like. Just don't whiz in someone else's conflakes.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Holy resurrected threads Batman!

I'm not a "gun snob", but I AM a "working reliability snob". Which means everything that isn't a Glock sucks. :D:D (I jest)

Top Bottom