• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I carried a Stainless steel Colt Double Eagle in 45 ACP for over 20 years as my EDC. I have handguns in 22lr, 22 Mag, .380, .38 spl., .357 Mag., 9mm, 9mm Largo, .44 Mag., .45 Colt, .45 acp, and a couple of Russian rounds (C&R). The only problem I have with the 45 is that it is pretty heavy and bulky, I carried the Colt in the small of my back in an Uncle Mike holster.

Now at 74 YO and with arthritis in my back, it has became too uncomfortable to continue, so I am carrying a Kimber Solo with Hornady critical duty cartridges. I have both 5 and 8 round magazines for it, it conceals easily and is quite comfortable carrying in a Galco holster at the 4 o'clock position. I have found it to be quite accurate and feel well protected. I now have the Colt as my bedside gun.

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I carry a .40 S&W, compete with a 9mm, love to shoot .45 ACP and pretty much any other caliber rimfire, centerfire or black powder. Can't pick just one, but if I had to for a handgun, I would have to say it would be a 9mm. Sorry JMB and America. :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    IBCM

I personally really like 9mm and 45. 40 s&w has one purpose: making power factor in a comp gun.

Oh, 'in before Churchmouse'. At a glance, I transposed two of the letters and was thinking that it is a hell of a jump from a .45 to an ICBM even if you could get your hands on one!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Not me. If I could have only one pistol to shoot it would be a 44mag. They can be loaded for shooting targets with light loads to top loads for taking down bears. It can be used for so many things.

Top Bottom