• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    My local dealer has a Mojave in Gobi. Not a fan of the color myself but love the hood and interior. Pretty cool they let you break it in.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    So, what is a Mohave? Looks like special stickers for a Rubicon? Looks a lot like mine. Are there differences?

It is basically a Rubicon without the sway bar disconnect or a front locker. It adds Fox reservior shocks and it feels like a stiffer spring rate. It is set up for high speed desert running as opposed to crawling. But I think it would do pretty darned well, anyway, because it still has good articulation. Base price is the same as the Rubi. It has Rubi rock rails but they don't continue behind the rear tires as the Rubi does.

I'm not sure, but I'm betting the low range is the standard ratio rather than the Rubi's 4:1. I'll have to check up on that. I do know the axle ratio is 4.10, so maybe it does get the Rubi transfer case? Tire options I think are same as the Rubi, This one has the Falken Wildpeak MT's in 285/70/17. The end of the exhaust may be different, too.

Oh yeah, the orange theme continues with the front and rear tow hooks.

I really like the way it drives, but if I were buying a Gladiator, I'd probably go with a Rubi unless I got a great deal on the Mojave. I really use that front sway bar disco on my Rubi, and occasionally the front locker. I do love the way this suspension feels, though. But the Rubicon is a little better suited to the kind of off-roading I mostly do.

What I'd really love is to keep my JLUR and have this Mojave Gladiator next to it in the garage! Hey, I can dream, right?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Anyone have 37" tires on their JL? I have a 4" lift and my wheels are 20x9.0". (I would not have chosen 20" wheels, but that's what was on it.) With Procomp M/S 35x12.5 tires, there still seems to be plenty of room. I need to measure the offset on the wheels, but I think it is a sizable negative offset. I am really interested in putting 37x13.5 tires on her. It's not my daily driver, haven't had the top on it since Spring. Seems like the general consensus I am getting online is that the JL Rubicons take 37" tires more readily than the older Jeeps. I'd sacrifice a little ride quality for a little more awesome. lol

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Anyone have 37" tires on their JL? I have a 4" lift and my wheels are 20x9.0". (I would not have chosen 20" wheels, but that's what was on it.) With Procomp M/S 35x12.5 tires, there still seems to be plenty of room. I need to measure the offset on the wheels, but I think it is a sizable negative offset. I am really interested in putting 37x13.5 tires on her. It's not my daily driver, haven't had the top on it since Spring. Seems like the general consensus I am getting online is that the JL Rubicons take 37" tires more readily than the older Jeeps. I'd sacrifice a little ride quality for a little more awesome. lol
    I've been waffling between 35's and 37's for the JT. Technically, a skinny 37 will fit on the stock 7.5" wide rim. Technically, a 37 will fit in the wheel well, with a little rubbing. Technically, a 37 might fit in the spare tire location.

What isn't "technical" is the need to regear. 35's aren't even ideal with the stock 4.10 ratio. 37's are right out.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    About time to trade in that JKU, isn't it? What's one more payment...

I wish the Jeep website would just lay it out. They have more info on the orange color than tech specs.

Lol, I ran that by the chief. She's in a 15 passenger Ford van, so I proposed trading it and the JK. She said she need the van for probably 1 more year. As usual, she's right.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I finished off my plan to add some differential protection by installing an ARB rear diff cover tonight. Man, this thing is BEEFY! It was an easy install. I chose this one because the bolts are recessed for protection and on top of that, use a hex wrench. They won't strip when struck like a regular bolt head can. I filled it with Mobil 1 75w140, so she's good to go. The quality of this thing is really nice, as is the finish. I hope not to scratch it up, but if I do, i'm sure it will do the job and protect everything well. It feels like it could take a helluva beating.

iuc7Y8i.jpg
    OUZjMmf.jpg

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've owned two Jeep wranglers over the years. Haven't had one in probably 9 years. Stumbled upon Matt's Off-road Recovery channel on Youtube. It's been giving me the itch to get back into the game. Then i started treading this thread and the itch is turning into a rash. Time to start saving for a new toy I guess!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've owned two Jeep wranglers over the years. Haven't had one in probably 9 years. Stumbled upon Matt's Off-road Recovery channel on Youtube. It's been giving me the itch to get back into the game. Then i started treading this thread and the itch is turning into a rash. Time to start saving for a new toy I guess!

Lol, I was butthurt for 5 years after selling my YJ. My wife got sick of hearing it every time we saw a Jeep, so in 2007 she told me just to go buy one, and thus the JK found its home. I won't live without one again, because that rash is really painful!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Lol, I was butthurt for 5 years after selling my YJ. My wife got sick of hearing it every time we saw a Jeep, so in 2007 she told me just to go buy one, and thus the JK found its home. I won't live without one again, because that rash is really painful!

Think the new Bronco will replace your Wrangler itch?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Sorry not trying to be an ass but....are those locks on the doors?

Just sitting back thinking..."Whats the point?"...

Wait a minute...I really feel a blonde joke coming on about locking the keys in the car?

Lol! They are to prevent someone from stealing the tube doors. They are light enough that it would be a pretty easy grab.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Since 1997, the wife and I have owned one Cherokee, two Libertys and a Wrangler. We have been about 14 months without any Jeeps. I prefer a Wrangler and she prefers an Unlimited. Guess which one we are looking for.

Top Bottom