• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Wow, really nice Jeep! I like the Unlimited TJ's. I also really like that roof rack, too!

Nice looking ride. Don't see many of the Unlimited TJ's, kinda rare these days. Guess you probably know that since you drove 660 to get it. Congrats!

Thanks guys. Unlimited's are not that hard to find, but a rubicon 6 speed with low miles is VERY difficult. Roof rack was an added bonus, doesn't actually add much noise surprisingly.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I've been drooling over TJ unlimiteds again. I wish I had waited a little longer and ponied up for one instead of opting for the Chevy truck I drive now.

Regardless, I was able to get out in the YJ last weekend a little. There's no room for it here at my place in Indy, so it sits down in my parent's field in S IN. I like to blow the dust off of her when I get down to those parts. - Please pardon the vertical picture.
    IMG_20140301_130626_779_zps50a88f73.jpg

Also, I would like to offer proof that old Jeeps can still earn their keep.
    DSC00720_zps6c3d29be.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've been drooling over TJ unlimiteds again. I wish I had waited a little longer and ponied up for one instead of opting for the Chevy truck I drive now.

Regardless, I was able to get out in the YJ last weekend a little. There's no room for it here at my place in Indy, so it sits down in my parent's field in S IN. I like to blow the dust off of her when I get down to those parts. - Please pardon the vertical picture.
    IMG_20140301_130626_779_zps50a88f73.jpg

Also, I would like to offer proof that old Jeeps can still earn their keep.
    DSC00720_zps6c3d29be.jpg

Those are AWESOME!!!! My old YJ did the same thing on the hood. Someday Ill buy a willys….

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Had a 46 Willys once. One brake on the front right worked and one one the left rear worked. When it rained, it would leak through the seam in the hood onto the top of the flathead engine and pool in the spark plug depressions and leak into the engine and while running it would seize. I would wait a bit are restart and go.

Just received the brake kits for my XJ and will buy the rotors, drums, and pads/shoes locally and rebuild my brakes. Might have to replace my axle seals in the back.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Those are AWESOME!!!! My old YJ did the same thing on the hood. Someday Ill buy a willys….

Do it! But be careful. I was gonna sell the YJ and fix up a 2A, 3A or 3B.... Then I went and bought 4 & 1/2 CJ3B's in various states of disrepair and never sold the YJ. What can I say? I love my YJ. We've been through a lot together. Right now the paint on her hood is the least of her problems, but I'll get her back in shape one of these days. Probably after my 3B is completed. To clarify, the 3B pictured is my Dad's. I gave him the most complete 'B out of the lot I purchased. In a couple hours we had her running around, but she was a lot like Hoosier8 described his old one. Now it's pretty much my Dad's DD. His pickup just sits unless the weather is too bad. I moved up to Indy and away from the shop and my Jeeps. Both, Jeep time and shop time is limited so my 3B is still in pieces. Really, we just have body work, wheels and tires, wiring, and a few odds and ends to do. We've got it to a rolling chassis and disk breaks about set up with a strong 134F head. It's almost there.....

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Any love for the ole tin tops? This was my '86 zuki samurai I had in Hawaii. Bought it for $200 from a fellow Marine who was leaving the island and needed to get rid of it fast. The engine was in pieces in the back. The engine overheated and warped the head. Had it shaved in town for $20. Put a new water pump in it and BOOM she was alive. Most bestest island beater I ever had.

DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0865.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My jeep is at the body shop right now. Diamond Collison has been working on it since Tuesday. I've been driving a rental, and I really miss my jeep...

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just bought a JK Rubicon for my wife and I last summer and then Promptly broke my leg. Excited to finally take it out a bit....Where do you guys go to have some 4x4 fun around South Central Indiana? Its stock BTW.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom