• ...and so much more!
  • the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Well I have two questions.
    1. I have a bryant whole house electric air purifier 24-907b. The purifier receives power when the fan kicks on. The side of the unit comes off in order to service the electronics and the filter. With the actual filter unit out ( meaning the electric grid out) all of the unit powers up and it works. So based on that something must be wrong with the grid. I checked it for continuity but I am unsure how to go about testing and or fixing this issue. If all else fails I will just make a filter screen and not use the electronic stuff. ( sorry if this sounds confusing I can provide the model number )

May have been my operator error :-(
    2. Just today the air conditioner did not seem to be cooling and just continued running. I don't have my old car hvac stuff in front of me so having a hard time figuring out what this could be. The high pressure line seemed pretty warm and the low pressure I did not think was that cool. I did rinse off the unit outside ( condenser? ) even though it was not dirty just to see if it would help. Not sure if it helped but shut off the ac for a little while. Just turbed back on. I also noticed i had it set to 85* somehow stupid me so that may have been all it was.. sorryI may be a little to vague on this one but any help is appreciated and this is my fiance and my first home I am just trying to get everything ready for when she comes up after our wedding. So thanks for any tips or help.

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Hot day, mine running almost non stop to keep house around 78 deg. Put the small mist sprayer on the outdoor condensor, and did notice it cycled off when heat load finally started to drop. Brutal conditions to run in. (retired HVAC guy w/ 25yrs)
    Ceiling fans help, dress cool, close your drapes! Good luck.

Top Bottom