Any Harley riders? Or any Bike for that matter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I have a 06 Harley Roadglide, love to ride when I am not at the range, the wife and I have rode to Wisconsin, Eastern KY, West Virginia, and Virginia this year so far, and got another ride Planned back to KY in Sept. to finish the Hatfield and McCoy ride. so far we have put over 8,000 miles on the bike so this year :)
    IMG_0281.jpg
    Mine is the one on the left.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Started off on a 03 Sporty that I truly customized into a bobber with rigid frame, suicide shift, etc...
    Also owned a 79 FLH...

Ended up selling both for an Arlen Ness Victory...but got tired of the payments, and since my boys were young... me and the wife rarely had time to ride. So there was no need to pay for something that just sat in the garage. :(

Its been a few years now, but the boys are still not old enough to stay at home alone...bought this pretty much to commute back and forth to work, but its paid for!!

Overall goal is to buy another Harley once the kids have grown, but for now this keeps me satisfied riding...

For me it doesnt matter what you ride...Loved my Harelys, but in the same sense its nice to have a toy thats paid for and keeps me out on the road.

Harleys, cruisers, sport bikes...we are all riders and I do not discriminate, just ride...stay safe!

Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Started off on a 03 Sporty that I truly customized into a bobber with rigid frame, suicide shift, etc...
    Also owned a 79 FLH...

Ended up selling both for an Arlen Ness Victory...but got tired of the payments, and since my boys were young... me and the wife rarely had time to ride. So there was no need to pay for something that just sat in the garage. :(

Its been a few years now, but the boys are still not old enough to stay at home alone...bought this pretty much to commute back and forth to work, but its paid for!!

Overall goal is to buy another Harley once the kids have grown, but for now this keeps me satisfied riding...

For me it doesnt matter what you ride...Loved my Harelys, but in the same sense its nice to have a toy thats paid for and keeps me out on the road.

Harleys, cruisers, sport bikes...we are all riders and I do not discriminate, just ride...stay safe!

Nice looking rocket ;) I had a 76 KZ 900 for 27 years, and decided it was time to upgrade to a Harley so the wife and I could be more comfy.. We didnt get to ride much either when our kids where young, but they are grown adults now, sooooooo we bought a harley. We bought it new ( left over ) in 07, and wish we would have got one before then :)

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Nice looking rocket ;) I had a 76 KZ 900 for 27 years, and decided it was time to upgrade to a Harley so the wife and I could be more comfy.. We didnt get to ride much either when our kids where young, but they are grown adults now, sooooooo we bought a harley. We bought it new ( left over ) in 07, and wish we would have got one before then :)

I understand 100%...Miss my Harley but priorities change, for now I am happy to be out riding again! Im to old for crazy crap and its just an enjoyment to be out riding!! I must admit though going from a Harley to a sport bike was quite a change...its almost like I need to stretch out before I go riding just so I dont cramp up! LOL!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Use to have an FZR600. Plan on getting a bike again once I'm done with school and settled into a different place. I'm wanting to get a Shovelhead but the reliability of the FI Harley Davidson's would be quite nice.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    This is my 76 Kz900 I had, I sure do miss her!!!! We had many great years together.
    justpics001.jpg

There is something very cool about older bikes, they all had their own bit of style...if you look at today's Rockets or Cruisers they all seem to follow the same styles...regardless if its a Honda, Kaw, Suzuki, etc...kind of boring if you ask me.

Awesome ride! :D

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300 Supersport Touring Bike I bought new in 2008.

Is a great ride for across town to across the country, with good performance and handling,

Have never regretted my choice, and it was only a little over $14k new.

fjr1300-1.jpg

Last edited:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I miss my '02 Sporty 1200! I will have another bike someday. Next bike will be a touring bike.

I do have an '08 KTM 105SX that I do get to take out once in a while.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Sent u a pm, but forgot u can't reply cuz ur new, but this post pretty well confirms it for me, I'm guessing you're the same mysticwolf from bwb? Met u when we went to see palerider before he passed. Craig right?

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    '97 CBR1100XX, that I got with 5k on it in 2005. It currently has just over 90k miles on it. I've adjusted the valves once, and just checked them again. Couple cam chain tensioners, a R/R and a stator. Just oil changes, otherwise.

med_gallery_991_46_107122.jpg

One of the 3 times the whole time I've owned it that it's been clean. I ride rain/shine down to 35F, then just nice weather down to 15F. 40 mile commute, 1 way.

gallery_991_46_62276.jpg

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Normally Im all about Harley bashing. But since you used to ride a Z1 900 Ill let it go. :D;)

In all seriousness I ride when I can. Right now Im on a 2002 Yamaha FZ1. Im saving up for a new Kawasaki Ninja 1000.

There is an old saying that goes "If you want to stop riding motorcycles start working on them for a living". Its true Ill tell you.

BTW I really dont care what brand people ride as long as we all ride together.

I just cant resist tweaking HD riders because I know I can out run them. :D

Top Bottom