But my apron is blue......

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    First Rule about Free Masons... You don't talk about Free Masons

Or was that another club, there are so many now adays it's hard to tell them apart.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    West Newton Lodge #707, PM 2004

Good to see so many Brothers already here, and hopefully more will see the posts here and become interested enough to ask...

By the way, I very highly recommend a book by John J. Robinson entitled "Born in Blood: The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry" as some really good reading about the possible origins of Masonry as we know it.
    For those not yet enlightened about Freemasonry but interested in possibly joining, please don't wait for a Mason to ask you--feel free to go to the following website and start the process yourself! Home

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not a F&AM but, I did belong to DeMolay if any of you have a chapter at your lodge.
    I'm a former PMC of the now defunct Mooresville DeMolay and was lucky enough to earn PMC-MSA honors and got to meet a lot of great people across the state.

But due to what happened and how the Mooresville Lodge disbanded the Mooresville chapter in the early 80's, I have had no interest in becoming one.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Not a F&AM but, I did belong to DeMolay if any of you have a chapter at your lodge.
    I'm a former PMC of the now defunct Mooresville DeMolay and was lucky enough to earn PMC-MSA honors and got to meet a lot of great people across the state.

But due to what happened and how the Mooresville Lodge disbanded the Mooresville chapter in the early 80's, I have had no interest in becoming one.

Sorry to hear you were left with a bad taste in your mouth. I know a lot of the guys out at plainfield lodge, as well as bridgeport lodge in your area, and they are some great guys. I belong to Lynhurst Lodge #723 and we would love to have you if we could talk to you and erase the bad taste left in your mouth.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What happened?

For years there was animosity towards the chapter because of the success we had, and because of that basically the only masonic involvement was us using the lodge.

Our chapter dad (initials was LT and not a Mason) was my best friends dad and devoted almost all of his free time to the cause and because of that there was a lot of young men who respected and looked up to him. About 2 months after my term as Master Councilor ended, members of the lodge walked in one night and removed the charter off the wall and effectively shut us down, they reopen about 6 months later (without LT involved), but the damage was done and the chapter never recovered and disappeared into never never land.

At least I got to make my mark in history and time as MC of the chapter, because when they built the new lodge, inside the corner stone time capsule is a collection of items from the Chapter including signed documents from me as well as pictures of the 60+ kids involved at the time.

Great times and made many friends across the state as we made visitations to other chapters.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive been interested in joining for years, due to my grandfather - but haven't had the time, have moved around too much to make a commitment. not something i want to bounce around on.
    maybe next move.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I just got raised on the 28th of November. I became interested in joining after my grandfather passed away three years ago (he was a 50yr mason). I debated over joining for a few years and came to find out a good friend was a mason along with an uncle. Between classes work and family I did it on my own pace so it took me about nine months to go from EA to MM.

I really enjoy it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom