4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    555929_492566880780818_1049885278_n.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    This is the new world...those who doing are awarded...those who put their life on the line is arrested for shooting the bad guy.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Seems to me we've had this discussion some time ago when the idea of this award was being discussed. Frankly, I think Kutnupe has at least a kernel of the right idea. Drone drivers are making a significant contribution to the war effort by identifying bad guys and sometimes eliminating them. They deserve some recognition for their efforts. And since the Air Force is largely being run by fighter pilots these days (and drone drivers are generally taken from the fighter pilot ranks) in order for them to be retained (or to even WANT to be retained if they're not going to fly) there has to be some mechanism to make them competitive for promotion with their jet fighter peers. While I don't necessarily agree with this award's place in the Order of Precedence, I don't particularly have a problem with the award itself.

I have to agree with anyone who has ever said that they didn't perform a particular action or series of actions in the hopes of getting a medal for it; the system just doesn't work that way. And also, unfortunately, in the same way the military has experienced "rank creep" over the years, it has also experienced "medal creep" as the advent of combat operations makes those whose jobs don't put them on the front lines non-competitive for promotion/retention without comparable opportunity to receive the awards available to those on the front lines. The enterprising officer or NCO who wishes to be promoted, will always find a way to become competitive with his peers.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    To not offend anyone and to refrain from receiving a infraction it would be easier to just to say

:noway::noway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So if they awarded all drone pilots CMH's, how does that take away from your service and achievements?

Top Bottom