• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Did you just use the phrase "very nice" to describe "projects?"

EDIT: are LE used to keep other long lines contained? Like those for concert ticket sales, the lastest Apple product release?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Did you just use the phrase "very nice" to describe "projects?"

Sadly yes,

They are very nice buildings and some are furnished. I have been in several and they have spent too much money on the updates. Why try to get off government housing when you have almost everything provided.

I was in one unit with leather furniture, several high end apple laptops, wii and xbox connect to a very large flat screen.

I've been part of group that took food to them, but stopped when I saw that most were gaming the system.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Some do have the need.

One lady, I think her name was Janie, had lost her leg to illness and had other medical problems that she could not work. She had no living family to help her out. I don't mind my tax dollars helping a person like that.

She helps with the kids in the area and is trying to make a difference.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sadly yes,

They are very nice buildings and some are furnished. I have been in several and they have spent too much money on the updates. Why try to get off government housing when you have almost everything provided.

I was in one unit with leather furniture, several high end apple laptops, wii and xbox connect to a very large flat screen.

I've been part of group that took food to them, but stopped when I saw that most were gaming the system.

Yes, I recall many of your posts about these visits.

And having a rental on the east side of Indy, I can understand about fixing it up too nicely. I keep hoping for a lightning strike on the place because any improvement is too much money spent for the majority of resource-sucking, oxygen-wasting, fat-assed, "it's a family thing" losers.

Thatguythere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Monrovia,In
    resource-sucking, oxygen-wasting, fat-assed, "it's a family thing" losers.

I love this. I am going to try and work this in a conversation at woRk.

I did not realize Bloomington was so bad. I've only been there a couple of times.
    Longbow, I commend your public service.

SyntorX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I suppose gangs are branching out...heck, I've noticed Vincennes getting a little rougher over the past 10 years...or maybe I've just grown a little more aware of my surroundings?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Is there a "rough" side of Bloomington?

Just ask the dead guy.

Seriously, back when you could listen to the police on RadioReference, you would be amazed. Lots of bad stuff and big city craziness. Guess I'm gonna have to fool around and buy a modern scanner radio again. :xmad:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

This is why I don't give cash to poor people or their charities. I donate physical goods that really don't have much cash $$ (food, used clothing). Fact is, the "nice" part never last. Those with stuff like you describe will end up getting burglarized or robbed. Depending on the occupants will determine how fast or slow the place turns to trash. There is a fairly new (2 years or so) complex on the far eastside of Indianapolis. They already had two high profile incidents around that place. Gang graffiti show up, and I remember one garage door was busted off track, likely broken into. Last year I drove through the area and half the bank of the retention pond was trash (cups, bags, etc.).

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I've heard from a couple of different sources that it was over a girl. Some folks that knew him, and an officer who had to respond to the scene.

Top Bottom