• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was working a sobriety checkpoint last night (don't devolve this into a conversation about the checkpoints please) and came into contact with a single cab pickup truck driven by a very nervous-looking gentleman. I went through the song and dance about "you have entered a sobriety checkpoint, yadda yadda yadda" and asked if he had been drinking. Here's how it went:

Me- Have you had anything to drink tonight sir?
    D- No, but I do have a gun in the car.
    Me- Ok, cool. Don't reach for it and I won't reach for mine, deal?
    D- I don't have a carry permit for it, I'm sorry Officer.
    Me-Alright then, where is the gun?
    D-On the floorboard, under that towel with the slide back and no magazine in it. I am taking it home from a friend's house who just put new sights on it for me.
    Me- Thanks for telling me about it. I know you're probably aware that you need a license to carry it and that, if you don't have one, you are supposed to have it in a secure container out of the driver's reach, right?
    D-Yes sir, but there is nowhere in the truck that I can't reach it, so I left the magazine at his house and locked the slide back. I put it under the towel because I forgot to bring the box with me.
    Me-Ok, thanks again for explaining it to me. Just out of curiosity, why don't you have your license to carry?
    D-Because I don't know how to get it.
    Me-*explains how to get license to carry*
    D-So am I in trouble?
    Me- *contemplates curb-stomping* No sir, just please get your license so this doesn't happen again. Oh, and remember the box next time.
    D- Oh my God, thank you Officer.
    Me- Drive carefully and have a good night.

Yep, I missed yet another opportunity to curb-stomp. I clearly need remedial training.

****ing rookies.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Instead of yelling "stop resisting" while kicking and tazing, VUPD yells "Get Your Lifetime LTCH". It does not have the same cadence, but you've got to educate when you get the opportunity.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    What's missing is that VUPD had this conversation with the driver as Kutnupe, BBI, Frank_N_Stein, phylodog and the rest of the INGO JBT Crew efficiently went about hospitalizing him. But seriously, thanks for what you guys do. You'll never be in the news, 'cause good cops don't sell papers and drive up hits on websites. I went to the farmer's market in muncie today. Low and behold, there's a vicious JBT directing traffic making sure elderly folks and little kids don't get hit crossing the road. He could have been at home, but he was getting bored and sweaty. I got him a bottle of water, because that's a thankless job. Besides, hopefully he'll recognize me and let me off with a broken jaw next time I get pulled over for having a tail light out.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Do you realize you just cost INGO a new member and an epic new thread. Had you curb stomped him and/or confiscated the gun we could have a noob crying LEOs. :xmad::n00b::crying::ingo:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not to threadjack too bad, but the only place it would have been out of reach of the driver would have been rattling around in the bed of the truck.
    That is just another good reason to get a lifetime license.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have to say I respect your policing style (not necessarily your trolling) and I know you've made an effort to educate your department and others within the state.

Have you been able to make any progress on that front?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What's missing is that VUPD had this conversation with the driver as Kutnupe, BBI, Frank_N_Stein, phylodog and the rest of the INGO JBT Crew efficiently went about hospitalizing him. But seriously, thanks for what you guys do. You'll never be in the news, 'cause good cops don't sell papers and drive up hits on websites. I went to the farmer's market in muncie today. Low and behold, there's a vicious JBT directing traffic making sure elderly folks and little kids don't get hit crossing the road. He could have been at home, but he was getting bored and sweaty. I got him a bottle of water, because that's a thankless job. Besides, hopefully he'll recognize me and let me off with a broken jaw next time I get pulled over for having a tail light out.

Pffft. I was drinking coffee glad I wasn't in the rain.

Top Bottom