• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was working a sobriety checkpoint last night (don't devolve this into a conversation about the checkpoints please) and came into contact with a single cab pickup truck driven by a very nervous-looking gentleman. I went through the song and dance about "you have entered a sobriety checkpoint, yadda yadda yadda" and asked if he had been drinking. Here's how it went:

Me- Have you had anything to drink tonight sir?
    D- No, but I do have a gun in the car.
    Me- Ok, cool. Don't reach for it and I won't reach for mine, deal?
    D- I don't have a carry permit for it, I'm sorry Officer.
    Me-Alright then, where is the gun?
    D-On the floorboard, under that towel with the slide back and no magazine in it. I am taking it home from a friend's house who just put new sights on it for me.
    Me- Thanks for telling me about it. I know you're probably aware that you need a license to carry it and that, if you don't have one, you are supposed to have it in a secure container out of the driver's reach, right?
    D-Yes sir, but there is nowhere in the truck that I can't reach it, so I left the magazine at his house and locked the slide back. I put it under the towel because I forgot to bring the box with me.
    Me-Ok, thanks again for explaining it to me. Just out of curiosity, why don't you have your license to carry?
    D-Because I don't know how to get it.
    Me-*explains how to get license to carry*
    D-So am I in trouble?
    Me- *contemplates curb-stomping* No sir, just please get your license so this doesn't happen again. Oh, and remember the box next time.
    D- Oh my God, thank you Officer.
    Me- Drive carefully and have a good night.

Yep, I missed yet another opportunity to curb-stomp. I clearly need remedial training.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good for you for cutting him a break. Did you tell him about INGO where he could learn to shout about "my rights!" and ask for 3 forms of ID?

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    It was good/smart on his part that it was unloaded and with no mag available to him. He skirted the law but at least he was somewhat smart about it. Who knows, if he was drinking he might have slipped and brought the magazine with him too.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    HE WAS PLASTERED! THE WHOLE GUN STORY WAS TO DISTRACT YOU FROM THE POINT THAT HE WAS HAMMERED. HE KNEW THE LAW AND USED IT TO GET ON THE GOOD SIDE OF A LEO!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I tell you what. . . . . .if our LEO members don't start packing in some good JBT stories. . . .I'M OUTTA HERE:xmad:!!!!

Just kidding, but wouldn't that make a great "I'm leaving" thread????:rockwoot:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'll try.
    No, I haven't been drinking sir, but I intend to if you give me a ticket. I have a bottle of bourbon under a towel on the passenger floor next to my gun and the body of my wife's former lover. It was an accident and I'm taking him to the morgue. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but don't know what I'm supposed to do. I guess they'll tell me at the morgue. I quit work early today and found him with Lizzy, at which point he ran down the steps, tripped and my gun went off. I had nothing to do with his end, but I love my wife and don't want her to get in trouble. The shovel, rope, and cement blocks? I restore basements. The rope's for a plumb line. G'nite to you too sir.....

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    You sir, are a namby pansy and gave up the perfect opportunity to curb stomp and taze someone.

Good on ya! I wish we had more fine officers like you. :+1:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    You are an amazingly nice public servant. If you ever stop me I am going to expect you to go get me coffee.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Good for VU, but WHY oh WHY do people insist on talking about thing that have NO bearing on the stop?
    the driver was lucky that he got a wim... Um, I mean a nice cop. The wrong guy and he could have been in for a long night sitting with a bunch of smelly drunks (no offense to all you smelly drunks!), have to face a judge, pay a fine, and maybe have his gun taken away(?).

Top Bottom