• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Ordered a bulk case of CCI 9mm on the 16th. Got a shipping notice the next day with delivery estimated for the 20th. Here is where it gets interesting.

Delivery was to be to my office. I checked tracking and it said delivered at 10:37, electronic signature on file (stupid covid). Well, I was in my office till noon and my open office door is 15' from the main entry. No delivery was made. In the past I have had a couple deliveries from Fedex Ground just left in the common area hall outside the elevator. I guess they are too lazy to walk the packages to my office unit. So I walked around to check and no ammo.

Filed a complaint with the insane auto-customer service of Fedex, emailed Natchez who also started a case with them, and talked to the building manager who is a gun guy and said he would check the security footage to see if a box was actually delivered at that time. Fedex case will take up to 8 days to get a reply.

Nothing like missing 1,000 rounds of 9mm.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Sorry to hear about your FedEx experience, and more so, your missing ammo.
    I live on a short, dead end, county road with only 2 neighbors and we're constantly retrieving our packages from each other's porch be it FedEx, UPS, USPS or Amazon. Our addresses are clearly marked, hell, pizza delivery doesn't have a problem.
    As far as I know, none of us have experienced theft the likes you're dealing with, just plague like incompetence with delivery drivers.
    Hoping for a quick resolution for ya so ya can get on the range.

Reactions: Leo

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ordered a bulk case of CCI 9mm on the 16th. Got a shipping notice the next day with delivery estimated for the 20th. Here is where it gets interesting.

Delivery was to be to my office. I checked tracking and it said delivered at 10:37, electronic signature on file (stupid covid). Well, I was in my office till noon and my open office door is 15' from the main entry. No delivery was made. In the past I have had a couple deliveries from Fedex Ground just left in the common area hall outside the elevator. I guess they are too lazy to walk the packages to my office unit. So I walked around to check and no ammo.

Filed a complaint with the insane auto-customer service of Fedex, emailed Natchez who also started a case with them, and talked to the building manager who is a gun guy and said he would check the security footage to see if a box was actually delivered at that time. Fedex case will take up to 8 days to get a reply.

Nothing like missing 1,000 rounds of 9mm.
    Do they ship with insurance? I always pay the extra insurance if available. Today's world it's needed.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I inadvertently had a case delivered to my (very) old address on file. New resident did not contact me but simply dumped it in a FedEx delivery box. I called FedEx and they said they had the box and would flag the shipment and hold it for updated delivery instructions from Natchez.

However, in the meantime they simply redelivered it to my old address. This time the resident left it on the porch for me to pick up.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    did you ever get to talk to a Human at Fed Ex ? or was it all automated?
    No human contact. Since Natchez started a case I will let that take lead. The most irritating thing is this is the third time, I assume, they have just dumped packages in the hall. My office suite is around a corner, 30' down a hall and then around one corner from the freight elevator Fedex Ground is supposed to use for deliveries. Months ago I ordered about $700 worth of blinds, 4-5 heavy flat boxes, and they were dumped in the hall next to the elevator so I could not see them. After calling and complaining the driver came back the next day and brought them to my office. Not long ago I ordered the same ammo from Natchez and the small 25 lb box was left in a similar place. Another tenant brought it to my office. I just want to get the driver fired.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    No human contact. Since Natchez started a case I will let that take lead. The most irritating thing is this is the third time, I assume, they have just dumped packages in the hall. My office suite is around a corner, 30' down a hall and then around one corner from the freight elevator Fedex Ground is supposed to use for deliveries. Months ago I ordered about $700 worth of blinds, 4-5 heavy flat boxes, and they were dumped in the hall next to the elevator so I could not see them. After calling and complaining the driver came back the next day and brought them to my office. Not long ago I ordered the same ammo from Natchez and the small 25 lb box was left in a similar place. Another tenant brought it to my office. I just want to get the driver fired.
    Technically, did he deliver to the correct marked address? Check the label, and make sure your suite number is listed before trying to get someone fired. :)

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I had one of the FedEx knotheads drop a package at my mailbox 100 yards down the lane on a county road. Guess he figured country folk are honest folk.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Technically, did he deliver to the correct marked address? Check the label, and make sure your suite number is listed before trying to get someone fired. :)
    I would not say so if it was not. The address is:

My Name
    Company Name
    Street address, Suite number
    City, State & Zip

It is laziness and using covid as an excuse. Mine is one of only two offices on the floor. No reason to not deliver.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I inadvertently had a case delivered to my (very) old address on file. New resident did not contact me but simply dumped it in a FedEx delivery box. I called FedEx and they said they had the box and would flag the shipment and hold it for updated delivery instructions from Natchez.

However, in the meantime they simply redelivered it to my old address. This time the resident left it on the porch for me to pick up.
    This is rampant among on line suppliers right now. An d it sucks.
    Major issues with Jegs performance. Spent "Thousands" with them this year alone and the CS is idiotic. It takes well over an hour tto actually speak to a human being and they are so beat down its obvious.

Covid my butt. No one does their jobs anymore.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I have a FedEx package that's been sitting in Indianapolis for FOUR days for some reason.

This is AFTER arriving in Greenwood on April 18 (7 days ago) and being misrouted to Chicago for a day. Then it spent 2+ days in Zionsville. Now it's been sitting in Indy since the early morning hours of April 22 (4 days).

A kid on a skateboard could have delivered it by now.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Update today. Haven't heard from Fedex and nothing yet on security cam footage. However, BIG +1 for Natchex.

Just got a call from Natchez customer service. They updated me on their filing of a case with Fedex and proactively told me if Fedex fails to come through Natchez will either refund my card or replace the ammo.

Since it is clearly not their fault I think that is extraordinary.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    +1 Natchez. Hopefully they'll follow through. I've never had any problem with them. Can't say the same thing for Fedex. I've had packages delivered to the wrong address up the street on several occasions. Luckily they were honest people and brought it to my address and gave it to me.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am on the 2nd floor and did check the first floor lobby. Didn't check the other 16 floors but a lot of those have access restrictions. I really want to hear back about the security camera records but thought I'd give the guy a day or two. Since the tracking had a specific time stamp, it should be an easy job of looking at theat period to see if anything was actually delivered anywhere.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I have regularly seen my FedEx driver in his van throwing packages and actually stepping on packages while trying to find my package.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Update: spoke with a Fedex rep yesterday and reiterated the story. Further explained there wewre two previous packages simply dropped in the hall far from the office suite. They apologized and said they would send a message to the hub. :rolleyes:

Today Natchez called and said Fedex sent the driver back out but the package was no longer where it was left. So at least they are admitting it was not delivered as addressed. Of course this is nine days since they claim delivery. I opted for a refund as I already found some ammo elsewhere.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Maybe Fedex should start taking the value of missing packages out of the driver’s wages. Bet that quickly stops errant deliveries. I get an emailed photo of my Amazon delivery showing where they left it at my house; wouldn’t think that would take much time for the Fedex driver to do as well.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's sad that a retailer has to take the hit for incompetent or dishonest delivery people but it's becoming more common all the time. Midway USA has done the same thing for me twice. Both times, articles lost by USPS replaced by Midway at no cost to me. Guess it's part of the cost of doing business today but no doubt impacts pricing.

Top Bottom