• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If they get a close up of me in a hot tub it will be a self correcting problem, they will lose all interest in viewing other peoples private lives. :laugh:

The original drone was not developed for weaponry, but as usual the military puts a weapon on anything they can.

NOVA | Rise of the Drones
    I am grateful for military drones every time I hear of one taking out another terrorist. The less we put our irreplaceable members of the military at risk the better. We can always build another drone.

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Good for him for blasting that thing out of the sky. I see it as an invasion of privacy and trespassing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good for him for blasting that thing out of the sky. I see it as an invasion of privacy and trespassing.

" cross my sidewalk and there will be another shooting" someone give this guy a beer!

Neither of these may help if he goes to trial for first degree criminal mischief and first degree wanton endangerment, both of which are felonies. That beer won't help drown his sorrow for losing his guns, probably forever, if convicted. I hope he at least gets a plea deal.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If they get a close up of me in a hot tub it will be a self correcting problem, they will lose all interest in viewing other peoples private lives. :laugh:

Anyone who wants to see some really cool "real" drone technology in use should watch the " Rise of the Drones" on Netflix. It shows true drones that are fully autonomous. They can unleash a half dozen in a burning building and they can run through it very fast looking for persons left in the building needing rescued. It can navigate through the halls via a radar, move extremely fast and do acrobatics you would not believe. I know it's a sore subject here, but they really have tremendous good uses out there and viewing this video is really cool even if you don't like them. They have about 8 of them flying a figure 8 inside a room dodging each other without a single collision.

As to the military drone getting shot down, they do malfunction some times. The show actually shows they run off satellite signals by a pilot on the other side of the world. They guy flying the drone in Bosnia is likely sitting in the United States doing it. If the drone turns too steep, it loses the satellite for a short time. The original drone was not developed for weaponry, but as usual the military puts a weapon on anything they can.

NOVA | Rise of the Drones
    I watched the video and appreciate you posting the link. It is both fascinating and scary at the same time. Iran claims to have armed drones with a range of 1,000 miles, and now with their nuclear capacity, that is very scary. The part about drones being used during a fire to enter buildings seems extremely optimistic. How do they get through closed doors? Would the heat and smoke incapacitate them? The middle-aged, unmarried, no kids dude who is so into drones that he has them and parts piled all over his house, is the kind of person who I worry about abusing the use. No doubt that they are here to stay and will keep getting more and more advanced. I'm sure that, besides military and police use, other good uses will be found for them as technology marches on. The expectation of privacy in the United States has long gone away. Not only will we have government and police agencies using this technology, we will have private citizens using this technology and you can be assured that some will use it for immoral and criminal purposes. And then there's this: FAA: Surge in reports of drones interfering with aircraft - CBS News

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Neither of these may help if he goes to trial for first degree criminal mischief and first degree wanton endangerment, both of which are felonies. That beer won't help drown his sorrow for losing his guns, probably forever, if convicted. I hope he at least gets a plea deal.

The guy and interested parties need to make sure every detail of this ordeal stays in the news.

On another note, I wonder what size shot he used? He supposedly took three shots?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I watched the video and appreciate you posting the link. It is both fascinating and scary at the same time. Iran claims to have armed drones with a range of 1,000 miles, and now with their nuclear capacity, that is very scary. The part about drones being used during a fire to enter buildings seems extremely optimistic. How do they get through closed doors? Would the heat and smoke incapacitate them? The middle-aged, unmarried, no kids dude who is so into drones that he has them and parts piled all over his house, is the kind of person who I worry about abusing the use. No doubt that they are here to stay and will keep getting more and more advanced. I'm sure that, besides military and police use, other good uses will be found for them as technology marches on. The expectation of privacy in the United States has long gone away. Not only will we have government and police agencies using this technology, we will have private citizens using this technology and you can be assured that some will use it for immoral and criminal purposes. And then there's this: FAA: Surge in reports of drones interfering with aircraft - CBS News

Wait. Don't give it a second's worry. INGOs progressive libertarian faction has assured us that this cannot happen. Iran is most definitely not seeking nuclear weapons.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I watched the video and appreciate you posting the link. It is both fascinating and scary at the same time. News
    You are welcome. I'm sure the fire department will open the entry doors however they need to open then, then the trained drone handler will simply throw them into the building and they will search it. The technology is in it's infancy, but they can detect temperature so if a room is too hot it may get skipped, or sacrifice one and let the other 5 continue the search. They will likely be able to work as teams communicating with each other and actually making decisions. When it's time to sacrifice one of the team, maybe the one with the lowest battery, hottest temperature, etc. would be chosen automatically.

Heck, just throw Lily up in the air and run through in your asbestos suite.

Lily is quite the gal, and shows again how cool "drone" uses can be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMfTHHLbj5g

Of course for the basement voyeur, they can just get a taller tripod and get er done. I might have to build one of these for the events where everyone is out of the way, until you need to take the picture. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCSmpq-JqUQ

I don't worry about Iran or any similar country abusing a technology, sitting president Obama has guaranteed us we have nothing to fear and wants to make deals with them to allow them to use nuclear power. They would never lie to us.

The movie industry took Sony to court over the VCR and tried to have it banned because the technology might be abused to copy movies. The courts ruled that if it has even one legal use, then it has a legal use, and a technology should not be banned to prevent someone from using it illegally. Same with the internet, it is used for everything from sharing content, child port, etc. yet here we are using it to discuss world events and could not do so if we followed the concept of ban it if it could be abused.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm sure the fire department will open the entry doors however they need to open then, then the trained drone handler will simply throw them into the building and they will search it. The technology is in it's infancy, but they can detect temperature so if a room is too hot it may get skipped, or sacrifice one and let the other 5 continue the search. They will likely be able to work as teams communicating with each other and actually making decisions. When it's time to sacrifice one of the team, maybe the one with the lowest battery, hottest temperature, etc. would be chosen automatically.

Heck, just throw Lily up in the air and run through in your asbestos suite.
    I just don't have that good of an imagination. Until drones can work with robots, the fire fighters would still be at risk and would have to open interior doors and make the rescue. I'm sure that it will happen, i.e. drone/robot rescue teams, but I think it is very far off. Enthusiasts will try to come up with a lot of far fetched scenarios to justify their hobbies. Right now, except for the military and police, who can afford the expensive advanced technology, it is just a hobby. The average Joe doesn't want these toys flying around his neighborhood, especially over his property. Don't get me wrong, I figure that most private drone owners are responsible, but the idiots will keep the lawmakers, regulators and courts busy for years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just don't have that good of an imagination. Until drones can work with robots, the fire fighters would still be at risk and would have to open interior doors and make the rescue. I'm sure that it will happen, i.e. drone/robot rescue teams, but I think it is very far off. Enthusiasts will try to come up with a lot of far fetched scenarios to justify their hobbies. Right now, except for the military and police, who can afford the expensive advanced technology, it is just a hobby. The average Joe doesn't want these toys flying around his neighborhood, especially over his property. Don't get me wrong, I figure that most private drone owners are responsible, but the idiots will keep the lawmakers, regulators and courts busy for years.

Until the rise of the machines, that is.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    11390260_10152981610779150_2732577055503670955_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hope it didn't scare the **** out of the little yapper. And if it did may the perpetrator be directly under.

Top Bottom