• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    Churches in GA are Criminal Empowerment Zones.

What I gathered from a TV report there, the shooter knew the victim and shot at very close range and walked out and drove off.

Horrible. Just horrible.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah crazy indeed. Even more so as we just arrived in Atlanta last night for shows at Atlanta Motor Speedway. This morning I was literally going thru usacarry to look at GA laws, reciprocity, etc and was looking at off limit places when I saw the news about the shooting. Alot of good it did making a place of worship a GFZ.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    There was a lawsuit filed in Georgia last week to overthrow the state's insistence on making every church a gun free zone. Betcha the anti gun folk are going to use this to "prove" that guns should be kept from churches.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Well the national news media does tend to publicize EVERY shooting. Other killings/woundings not so much.

This is my suspicion as well. I absolutely feel terrible for those that have been affected by these, and even worse that they and their families may be used as pawns in a deeply political issue.

I think the MSM is making an extra effort to carry these stories to try to fuel the argument for 2A reform.

I would love to see unbiased data (if there is a such a thing) to see if the trend really is on the rise, or just the number of reports that go mainstream. Notice that a few years ago kidnappings were highly publicized after a few notable cases (girl in Aruba, IU student, etc.).

The media is sometimes a self feeding, self manifestating industry.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Up until about a year ago I used to leave my carry piece in the car while at church. But there have been too many church shootings recently. Unfortunatley, there seems to be a certain breed of psychopath out there that targets churchs. Now my piece stays with me.

Top Bottom