• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My 40th wedding anniversary is in about a week. My wife said she wanted something to put with her fathers wwll memorabilia. This is what I got her......(hope you can see it...first pic post) It's a Remington Rand 1911 from wartime production. She cried when I showed it to her.....(I cried when I wrote the check)
    Has it really been 40 years? Doesn't seem like it.This may be the first anniversary that I planned this far ahead (started looking in earnest several months ago.)

23hahi9.jpg

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Awesome find. And happy anniversary.

How hard was it to find this 1911.
    It seemed somewhat difficult for me, since I had to educate myself about wartime 1911s and how to identify them and their parts.
    After searching the gun auctions, and coming away dissatisfied every time, I started looking online for dealers with a store front, and an online presence. Finally found a nice shop in Idaho, and they happened to have this 1911. After some correspondence,and checking with the BBB, I knew this was the one I wanted. I'm low on bucks now, but have a happy wife. She's worth it. :)

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I can only hope I can celebrate 40 with my wife. We are on 9, congrats and I am glad you got that type of reaction.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Dangit. Today is my 10th anniversary and I couldn't even convince my wife to get a (even 10 year old) 1911 for the occasion. You sir, are a lucky man.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sweet... Married 40 years and buy her a 1911 for your Anniversary and she loves it. I'm going on year 19 but don't think I could get by with that. You my friend are a lucky man.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the anniversary. We just past 25 last summer and I bought the wife a PPK to celebrate. Time sure does fly. Congrats also on the nice find.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Congratulations on your first 1911, and happy 40th.
    Now, when are you going to shoot it? The gun, not the wife.:D
    Ha! We're working on that. We don't plan on putting a huge number of rounds thru it, but the initial inspection and cleaning are done. It looks like first rounds might happen in the next couple of weeks. It'll be a memorable range trip, I'm bettin'.

Top Bottom