• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I know there has been some talk on here about the Anderson manufacturing company. Add my name to the disappointed (for now). Here is the message I sent them:

"I would like to say how very disappointed I am with your rifle I just bought. I have owned my rifle for a little over a month now. The S/N is*****. I have shot it a had full of times so far. The first time I shot .223 Rem TulAmmo. I sent about 30 rounds through without a hitch, then I got a casing stuck in the chamber and the bolt group stuck in the forward position. The only way to release the bolt group was to literally slam the charging handle against a side of a table. Once the charging handle and bolt group were free I still had the problem of the stuck casing. I tried using an aluminum cleaning rod to punch it out - it just bent the aluminum. So I went and bought a steel rod and after a couple very hard hits, the casing finally came out. I thought, "ok, so it was cheap ammo. I'll try a brand name". So I bought some remington .223. I sent about 5 rounds through and then a casing got stuck again. Once again I had to punch it out. I tried it one more time and this time another casing got stuck in the chamber on the first try.

Looking at your front page you show pictures of Marines shooting your rifles. I am a Marine and I can tell you that we would NEVER use such a rifle in battle. I can honestly say you have lost a customer."

Within 5 minutes I received a response back:

"Jordan,
    I will send you a return form in the morning, you might have a burr in the chamber. I would like for you to send the weapon back asap so we can fix the problem.
    Regards,
    Tom Steffner
    VP of Sales"

I really hope they can turn this situation around. I will keep everyone updated but what a inconvenience. To their defense, it looks like they are willing to help combat the situation though.

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    Im not very familiar with problems, but it could be your Ammo, if i recall correctly that ammo is quite cheap, when they send it back put some decently priced ammo through it and see if that solves up an problems.

tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Im not very familiar with problems, but it could be your Ammo, if i recall correctly that ammo is quite cheap, when they send it back put some decently priced ammo through it and see if that solves up an problems.

I understand the TulAmmo is cheap, but I put the brand name Remington through it too. Could be wrong, but surely that isn't relatively cheap?

Top Bottom