• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I'm glad that it turned out the way it did, but I understand that he also shot him as the robber attempting the flee. Couldn't this open him up to a criminal case or is he protected because the robber was in the commission of a felony?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I like how the families of all these criminals think their relatives should be able to rob, rape, and kill and their only punishment should be repeated slaps on the wrist, maybe some jail time.

From the article:

The news that no charges would be filed in the case was met with mixed feelings from McCoy’s family. “Everybody in the family feels (Padgett) should at least have to go to trial and have to go to court,” McCoy’s sister Annika Coston said Thursday. “What Freddie did can’t be justified. Everyone in the family is embarrassed, sad, mad about what he did, but he didn’t deserve to die over this.“I don’t blame (Padgett) for protecting his family, but I definitely think this was a little excessive.”

:rolleyes:

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    I like how the families of all these criminals think their relatives should be able to rob, rape, and kill and their only punishment should be repeated slaps on the wrist, maybe some jail time.

From the article:

The news that no charges would be filed in the case was met with mixed feelings from McCoy’s family. “Everybody in the family feels (Padgett) should at least have to go to trial and have to go to court,” McCoy’s sister Annika Coston said Thursday. “What Freddie did can’t be justified. Everyone in the family is embarrassed, sad, mad about what he did, but he didn’t deserve to die over this.“I don’t blame (Padgett) for protecting his family, but I definitely think this was a little excessive.”

Consequences, ain't they a b*tch.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN

From the article:

Yeah....this wasn't in the original article. It ended with the prosecutor saying they had a permit. :dunno: .....they added this paragraph later in the night. It's rare that you'll ever interview a family member and they say that he got what he deserved, because they had feelings and loved them.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I would offer up that the dearly lamented's family thought that getting shot for trying to rob a restaurant was "excessive" should have thanked their lucky stars that the restaurant owner did not have a 12 ga. and used it judiciously.

THAT would have been excessive (yeah, right).

Thin the herd, no innocents injured, court costs cut. "Rehabilitation" achieved.

I don't see a "down side" here.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Yeah....this wasn't in the original article. It ended with the prosecutor saying they had a permit. :dunno: .....they added this paragraph later in the night. It's rare that you'll ever interview a family member and they say that he got what he deserved, because they had feelings and loved them.

I can understand them not saying the loved one deserved dying. I've only see very few relatives actually make statements along those lines. What gets me is the calls for the victim to face some sort of charges for a lawful act.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    The shop owner should get an award for ridding the streets from another scumbag. Who cares for what the family of the robber thinks?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    http://www.pal-item.com/article/201...ey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

I was glad to read this today.

No worries, I've already sent an email correcting the article about calling it a permit. I also mentioned he didn't have to be licensed as it took place on his property.

I have noticed recently a desire to not call a license a "permit".....when I look up the definitions they are really the same IMHO.....I don't get it.....what makes the differance what its called....? Wouldn't mind learning because I just don't get it yet.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Terry Padgett deserves the "Key To The City" for eliminating this scumbags bad genes from multiplying!

I know that myself and several co-workers purchased pizzas from Mecurios shortly after this happened to show support. I'm pretty sure there will be another spike in sales after this news.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I have noticed recently a desire to not call a license a "permit".....when I look up the definitions they are really the same IMHO.....I don't get it.....what makes the differance what its called....? Wouldn't mind learning because I just don't get it yet.

Some people don't like the word permit because it implies that they are being granted something the 2A says they have a right to go.

That is my understanding of it anyways.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Terry Padgett deserves the "Key To The City" for eliminating this scumbags bad genes from multiplying!

I know that myself and several co-workers purchased pizzas from Mecurios shortly after this happened to show support. I'm pretty sure there will be another spike in sales after this news.
    I bought a few myself! I've always loved Mercurio's......but could you see Sally giving him the "Key to the City" ?? lol

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

It should be called what it is. It states on the thing itself that it is a license.
    You don't carry a driver's permit do you?

Why not just call it an handgun doo hickey. Same thing, right?

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Even though I think the shop owner was completely justified in doing what he did, I also feel with the family in the fact that he was shot twice while fleeing without any money (most likely) and was already fatally wounded. There wasn't a need imho to fire as he was fleeing.

Top Bottom