• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have no reason to follow the Euro/dollar exchange. With that being said - my wife, daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter just traveled to Spain for vacation.

It cost my wife $580 US to get 500 Euros ! So much for the strength of the dollar. With the government printing presses running 24/7 due to the government's attempt to hold down inflation what we are now experiencing is certainly predictable. At a time in my life when I can loan money TO the bank, interest rates on deposits are laughably and depressingly low.

Well, not to say that our (US) finanical policy is any way sound, but actually the US dollar has been gaining heavily against the Euro over the last year. The Euro has lost significant value and is now trading at the same rate in USD it was 10 years ago. The problem the EU has is that while some of the member states, like Germany, have a pretty sound fiscal policy and more or less refuse to go into debt. On the other hand, they have members like Spain and Greece, who spend money like drunken sailors. It's taken a heavy toll on their currency value.

eurodollar.jpg

So, my point is, this is actually probably one of the cheapest times to visit Europe in the last decade. Looks like your family went over at a pretty good time.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I know the causation, I just can't figure out the whyfors. It's not an overly useful round, unless you just REALLY love squirrel hunting.

The value of 22 rimfire ammo is far greater than squirrel hunting. It's the perfect caliber with which to teach any new rifle or handgun shooter. It's also the best possible round for practicing. The low recoil and (historically) cost allow you to shoot a lot of rounds and perfect your form w/o developing a flinch or shooting a hole in your wallet. Show me a guy who shoots in the 3's at 100 yards with a big game rifle, and I'll bet you $50 he's fired a LOT of rimfire ammo in his lifetime.

In a survival situation, 22 ammo can be used in a pistol for self-defense and quietly employed to kill squirrels...along with a lot of larger animals. If you've got a good bolt-action 22 rifle, and you can shoot accurately, it opens up the menu to pretty much everything in the woods. You can also carry 500-1000 rounds of the stuff w/o the weight being excessive.

Top Bottom