• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Not sure if anyone already reported this...

Was at Carmel Meijer this morning @6am to grab some frozen dinner. Walked over to the Sporting Goods, saw 4 boxes of Winchester USA 44mag ammo in cabinet. I bought this ammo before from Wallyword at 86th and Michigan Rd. It was always $32.99 or something like that. Today, Meijer price was $29.99. No yellow sale sticker or anything. Didn't see much of the more desirable calibers, like 9s and 22 bulk packs, though...

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    As far as I could tell the ammo prices at the box stores like Wal-Mart, Meijer's and Rural King never changed they're just always out of stock.
    Sadly enough the most dramatic price increases that I saw came from fellow shooters that were "doing us a favor" and Internet ammunition suppliers who were trying to make an extra buck. I never bought from either.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I've seen the prices do nothing but increase. A few months ago, a box of 9mm CCI Independence at KS&E was $10.99. Not bad. A month later, I buy another box of the same stuff at the same place for $11.99. Ed says they are just passing the cost on to the consumer. Last week the price is $13.99 per box, which is the same as Remington 124gr UMC, so I bought that instead.

As a previous poster said, Walmart prices haven't changed since I first started buying ammo in November of 2008. You just gotta be lucky as hell to find it on the shelf!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Walmart about 10 days ago had 9mm wwb for 19.99...bought 400rds, also had .45acp wwb...29.99bought both of them-200 rds

With demand like this, I doubt that prices will come down significantly. Every time someone on this forum spies popular ammo, they buy up all they are allowed.

Last edited:

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I've seen the prices do nothing but increase. A few months ago, a box of 9mm CCI Independence at KS&E was $10.99. Not bad. A month later, I buy another box of the same stuff at the same place for $11.99.

I was in Wal-Mart (Coldwater MI) yesterday, they had Federal 9mm for $8.79 a box. I don't own a 9mm so I left it set for someone who does. They also had Federal and Winchester .40S&W. Wal-Mart in Angola had 45acp 2 weeks ago and again last week for $31.97 per 100 count. So it's coming back, just not as fast as we would like.

RH

Top Bottom