• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Self induced shortage and price hikes. :n00b:

Self induced for businesses maybe, but I didn't cause any of the hikes, all the crazies that are buying like 20 guns at once did. I was only searching for quality ammo, like FP JHP, Hornady .45s, etc... I can keep going on, but yeah, I can see cheap brass range ammo is not scarce at all.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    you got that right, and many people here are the exact source of it all. manufactures are gona milk the people for as long as the hysteria lasts. business 101

How can other people be the exact source of it all? And what hysteria? Obama is going to do what he says he will do, and all his little cronies are behind him. Business 101, supply and demand. There is no shortage of supply (from what you guys are telling me) and the deman is higher than normal (due to "disturbia"), so how is that business 101?

The prices are exactly the same from a year ago when I first started buying quality ammo. Some stores have a few $$ difference, but its all the majority of the same prices.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I would HARDLY consider what they sell to be junk. Especially since they supply well over 200 police forces nationwide with ammo as well as the US Marshals. Take a look and you will see they have JHP as well as FMJ and a few others. You might be surprised at what you find.

Greg

Yeah, someone else told me about them. They are in Hobart or something right? No, I don't need that much... I have about 400 rds total, but I don't need junk ammo. I need quality/custom rounds. Like, JHP, HST, CCI stuff, etc...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I would HARDLY consider what they sell to be junk. Especially since they supply well over 200 police forces nationwide with ammo as well as the US Marshals. Take a look and you will see they have JHP as well as FMJ and a few others. You might be surprised at what you find.

Greg

You misquoted me or I didn't explain myself fully. I know they don't carry Junk ammo, but everyone else here is talking about FMJ range ammo, but I am talking about good quality ammo like JHP, EFMJ, HST, etc... I don't need that much though in bulk. I wonder if they'll just do some small sales? Probably not though, even though I live just down the street practically.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I follow you now. Actually I am going to be picking up 500-1K of the JHP in 9MM and maybe perhaps 40S&W for myself. Just because the prices are VERT reasonable, AND I need to stock up a bit. Perhaps we could work something out where I could sell ya a few. How many were you looking to get? I do konw that blythe's carries their ammo. dunno the price though.

Greg

ProudAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I was looking a few weeks back and could not find any range ammo. When I did find some I bought the last box of .45 and 9mm they had.

Talking with one of the Walmart guys he said the shortage (in his opinion) was the Walmart no longer stocks their own warehouses but makes the manufacturers do "just in time" deliveries - which means they store it and ship directly to the stores.

He thought that most of the manufacturers shut down production for December and January and they did not do a huge storage of stock. Now that Walmart and all the others have depleated the manufacturers stock there is none to go out until the manufacturer has a chance to build their supply back up. that is one of the down falls of not carrying you own stock and leaving it up to the manufactureres to warehouse that much.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I follow you now. Actually I am going to be picking up 500-1K of the JHP in 9MM and maybe perhaps 40S&W for myself. Just because the prices are VERT reasonable, AND I need to stock up a bit. Perhaps we could work something out where I could sell ya a few. How many were you looking to get? I do konw that blythe's carries their ammo. dunno the price though.

Greg

Yeah, you are right next door to me... Well, lemme know whic style JHPs you get, but I don't have a .40 cal, so that's a waste for me. Well, pm me for details...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    In central Indiana Bradis [camby] has plenty. in bulk also but like everywhere its getting pricey

+1 A LOT of ammo!!! Back room is STOCKED with 9mm, 40SW, and I didn't see what else. A little pricy on the .223 but he's got plenty. Stopped in today to look around!

IN_Revol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    The Greater West Laf
    it's pretty thin here, unless you're into shooting clays. sporting shotgun rounds are *EVERYWHERE* but i can't find anything reasonable to feed a few other calibers...

Precision looks good on some stuff, too bad they don't do .308...

Glockman1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    It is getting scarce; even Wallyworld runs low. Back in the 90s you could buy a whole case of reloadable .308 for $150, now it goes for $800, if they have it. Star in Indy should still be making bullets----cheaper than ANYONE!! :-)

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    I was looking a few weeks back and could not find any range ammo. When I did find some I bought the last box of .45 and 9mm they had.

Talking with one of the Walmart guys he said the shortage (in his opinion) was the Walmart no longer stocks their own warehouses but makes the manufacturers do "just in time" deliveries - which means they store it and ship directly to the stores.

He thought that most of the manufacturers shut down production for December and January and they did not do a huge storage of stock. Now that Walmart and all the others have depleated the manufacturers stock there is none to go out until the manufacturer has a chance to build their supply back up. that is one of the down falls of not carrying you own stock and leaving it up to the manufactureres to warehouse that much.

All true, panic buying and all the rest. BUT, leave us not forget there's a war on and the services are going through ammunition for training and ops like my kid goes through chocolate chip cookies. OF COURSE it's going to be scarcer and more expensive! Try finding "exotic" service rounds like 6.8 Remington.....good freakin' luck!

Top Bottom