• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I have been all over the place in NWIN, and I am finding hardly to next to no ammo. I am looking for 9mm, .45 LC, .410 ga, .38 spec, and I am finding it to be very very scarce, for all brands too. Anyone else having these problems?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I've been buying 7.62x39 for like $6/20 for soft point :D

Got plenty of x54r.

I reload for the .45acp, and get components cheaply. Plenty of CCI primers for $3/100, and I use a place on the 'net for the bullets. Plenty of old stock powder at a local gunstore too, like Win 231 for less than $20. Plenty of brass...

I've just been reducing the number of calibers I have to feed.

Josh <><

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I have been looking for some 45, and got the last to 100 round boxes wal mart in shelbyville had, was at bass pro in Clarksville on Sunday and they had a whole butt load of remington 9mm for like 12.99 a box but they nothing in 45, 40, or much of anything else either.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    HOW much are you looking to buy? If you are looking for LARGE quantities you can pick up some from
    Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45.

They have the 9mm, .38 Sp, and .456 LC
    The only catch is you have to buy in lots of 500 and a minimum of 1K. The good thing is they are a local company so you can call and order then go pick it up when it is ready. I am looking to pick up some .40S&W as well as some 9mm myself here real soon.

Greg

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    Dicks in Highland had some ammo last I was in there, not at Walmart prices, but if you are having problems finding ammo, they had some.. Blythes in Griffith had a bunch as well. Again not the cheapest, but there is no shortage, just a shortage of the cheaply priced stuff.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I can't seem to find the bullets I used in my 1911, which sere Winchester SXZ. I got a box of those from bass pro, I think it was $23 for 50, and I can't find any box of 50 self defense loads. I have been to Gander Mtn, BassPro, Walmart, and Cabelas.

To be honest I can't find any decent deals on hollow points. I am not going to pay $30 for 25 .45ACP bullets, I'm just not going to.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I've gotten to the point of putting the Walmart and Meijer phone numbers in my speed dial on the blackberry. In case I'm out and about, I'll them to see if they've gotten any in. If they do then I head stright there and buy as much as I can at the time.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I started stocking up last year when the Dems announced Barak was their candidate. I stocked on on more at the last machine gun shoot at Knob creek in October. Like I told my dad I would rather have it and not need it then to wish I had gotten when I could.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Was at Big Rs today. There's no shortage of ammo there. .22LR, 9mm, .38 Special, .45 ACP, .223, 20 guage, 12 guage, 10 guage, didn't bother looking for .410 or .45 LC, slugs, buckshot, turkey loads. Ammo in lots more calibers than I've listed here.

There are lots of places besides Wal-mart to shop!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    thats why I buy online, much wider selection and doesn't waste gas.

USPS and everyone else does their shipping charges by weight, and if I buy for every calibre I have, I'd be spending alot on ammo just for weight costs... I am looking for some HST's though, and no one has them at all, for 9mm or .45...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Dicks in Highland had some ammo last I was in there, not at Walmart prices, but if you are having problems finding ammo, they had some.. Blythes in Griffith had a bunch as well. Again not the cheapest, but there is no shortage, just a shortage of the cheaply priced stuff.

I was just at Blythe's, and they didn't have anything for .45, and 9mm/.38, they had cheap ammo (wolf, etc.), not the good stuff like Hornady, Federal, Speer, etc. I am talking about quality ammo guys, not junk to shoot at the range...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    HOW much are you looking to buy? If you are looking for LARGE quantities you can pick up some from
    Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45.

They have the 9mm, .38 Sp, and .456 LC
    The only catch is you have to buy in lots of 500 and a minimum of 1K. The good thing is they are a local company so you can call and order then go pick it up when it is ready. I am looking to pick up some .40S&W as well as some 9mm myself here real soon.

Greg

Yeah, someone else told me about them. They are in Hobart or something right? No, I don't need that much... I have about 400 rds total, but I don't need junk ammo. I need quality/custom rounds. Like, JHP, HST, CCI stuff, etc...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Was at Big Rs today. There's no shortage of ammo there. .22LR, 9mm, .38 Special, .45 ACP, .223, 20 guage, 12 guage, 10 guage, didn't bother looking for .410 or .45 LC, slugs, buckshot, turkey loads. Ammo in lots more calibers than I've listed here.

There are lots of places besides Wal-mart to shop!

ANd I notice you guys are all down central/southern IN. I am up north... A lot different here. There is only about 6 places to go. I look for other places to shop in IN, and they are all Indianapolis and down...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I started stocking up last year when the Dems announced Barak was their candidate. I stocked on on more at the last machine gun shoot at Knob creek in October. Like I told my dad I would rather have it and not need it then to wish I had gotten when I could.

That's what I should've done, but I didn't think about anything like I did now... Its really starting to hit me abou this "scare." But reality will soon settle in. An as a Marine, I shouldn't have let it go this far without having enough ammo to start a war with, if you know what I mean... Ha ha, just messin guys...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Um it's just not happening in Indiana. Thank you kind panic buyers. Now we have all the lovely ammo posts :nuts:

For you guys down south its not. Up here, its becoming scarce. And guns are being bought out too by Illinois douche's... They get em transferred and get their FOIDS cards and boom, they have like 3 guns at once. I have a buddy that is a dealer/gunsmith, and he has been telling me all this. And I was in Blythe's (Griffith) and there were like 5 Chicago cops all buying personal pieces and some range ammo that day. One of the guys there said that's like the 10th time this month people from Illinois have done that...

Top Bottom