• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    So I woke up early and could not fall back to sleep so I decided I would head on into work. On the way there I decided I would stop by Wal-Mart to see if they had an .22 ammo. I got to Wal-Mart in Louisville at 6:00. To my surprise they had several Winchester Mini-Mags for $7.98. After about 5 minutes or so I found someone to help me. The lady asked what I needed and I told her I needed some ammo from one of the cases. Another worker stuck his head out and said that Wal-Mart does not sell ammo before 7:00am. He said that this is a fairly new policy by Wal-Mart. I asked a couple of questions and they told me sorry but they could not sell ammo. I walked back to sporting goods and another employee was there and I asked her for ammo and she also told me that ammo could not be sold before 7:00am.

I wasn't going to wait around for an hour. I will go back later but I'm sure it will all be gone.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I see .22 ammo at walmart pretty often. but just 50rd boxes. My local gun shop has several thousand rounds of bulk pack stuff for $30 a brick

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Just an update.
    I was finally able to get away from the office at 11:30. I went straight to Wal-Mart and you guessed it! No .22 ammo on the shelves.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That's nuts, the one here will sell it to you whenever you want it. They were probably just saving it for someone. I have been checking for over 8 months at my WM for bulk packs an apparently Im never there when those come in, but have gotten a few 50rd boxes.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    7am is the shift change for walmart. 3rd shift is a skeleton crew and the primary/day shift comes in at 7. sporting goods is usually understaffed during off-peak times.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    there is a reason for that.

started with night shift employees buy them all and selling them at double prices.

also, at the peak of the shortage, local pawn shop owner would have the family and employees all lined up couple hours before their night time restocking and clean everything off.

the one near me there's no ammo sale between 8pm to 7am.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    At least you didn't have to hear "well, these are Federal and the reason the 5.56 NATO has a green tip is to let you know it is reloaded and was probably shot at some military range by the military". Looks at it again and states "Yep, it's reloaded alright"

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I was finding 9mm at Wal-mart through July and August, but it seems to have dried up again. Anyone else have this problem?

Top Bottom