• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i talked to sporting goods clerk at washington street wally world.he said they get a new shipment of ammo every day.just letting members know.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I was at the same location last week and got my fishing license renewed and the clerk told me its hit or miss when they get something. Once again--- Wally world.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There is plenty of ammo available. Forget about the Wally World rat race. Save yourselves some time and dignity and pay a little more to buy it from a respectable sportings good or gun shop.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    There is plenty of ammo available. Forget about the Wally World rat race. Save yourselves some time and dignity and pay a little more to buy it from a respectable sportings good or gun shop.

Walmart is just so much cheaper. I know it's not Q ammo...but you know what? My paper target has the same holes with Q ammo as non-Q ammo.

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy

I've stopped at a few local gun shops and none of them had any .380 auto for my LCP. Except for Bradis who happened to have 4 boxes left...they said I was lucky I was there before it all sold out again. They only let me buy one box of 50 though for $15. Cheap stuff too.

I went to Pop Guns and noticed that they DID have .40 S&W for the XD though. I bought the exact same rounds Speer LE .40 HP for $26 for a box of $50 off the internet.

Pop Guns was selling theirs for $46 for 50. A $20 mark-up!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

I would gladly pay a reasonable price. If only some store, or on-line outlet, had some.

Please tell me where "plenty" of .380, .45, or 9mm is.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Last lime I was in Bradis Guns, they had piles of 1000 and 500 rd cases. Sure it costs more than Walmart, but they have alot of it. As for me, I'm cheap, so I'll keep stalking the Walmarts.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    They had a fair amount of 5.56 and 9mm, but hardly any other pistol ammo, which is the same everywhere. I have been looking for .380 ammo for over a month, even going so far as to search for it online, and none of the big ammo houses online have it either. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more, and actually prefer to support local dealers, but there's NONE to be bought. There's no .45 either. When I call around to local stores and say "I'm calling to see if you have some ammo," the response is usually something like "Probably not, but what caliber are you looking for?" Other stores just laugh when you say you are looking for ammo. Claims that "there's plenty of ammo for sale" just don't wash, because there's not.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would gladly pay a reasonable price. If only some store, or on-line outlet, had some.

Please tell me where "plenty" of .380, .45, or 9mm is.

Well, you need to research a little harder. For example, the Sunday paper contained a flyer for Dick's who is actually advertising ammo "on sale". Their per box prices when you buy by the case:

9mm 11.98
    .223 9.98
    .380 15.98
    .40/.45 17.98

I recently bought 2000 45ACP from ATG at $325/1000. INGO member 21st Century Firearms in Bluffton recently had a sale on AE 9mm at $209 and .45ACP at $350. Why make a dozen trips to WM to finally score a couple of boxes when you can buy a case here and there and be done with it?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why make a dozen trips to WM to finally score a couple of boxes when you can buy a case here and there and be done with it?

Because I don't have $200 to buy ammo in one go, but I do have $10 here or there to buy a box or two at a time.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hasn't Walmart started raising their prices? That Dicks case price on 9mm is $2/box higher than I paid about a month ago. That's a 22% increase.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Hasn't Walmart started raising their prices? That Dicks case price on 9mm is $2/box higher than I paid about a month ago.

Doesn't matter. I just called several Dick's, and none of them have any pistol ammo. I specifically asked about .380, 9mm, and .45. One of them actually laughed when I asked.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Just an update - I just called Bradis, and they do have 'some' 9mm (American Eagle, and Seller & Belois), but no .380 (which is what I am OUT of).

Top Bottom