• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Ministry of Public Security said that more than 100 guns and gun parts, and about 50,000 bullets, had been seized in the case...

Sounds about like any typical neighborhood in Indiana. Of course the threat if any armed resistence to the Party cannot be tolerated.

The authorities said that at the time of his arrest on May 20, Sergeant Debose was carrying a loaded .45-caliber pistol.

I read the story twice and still can't figure out what this has to do with the Chinese. The writer musta needed a little filler to meet the day's quota? I'm surprised they didn't mention if he was licensed.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I read the story twice and still can't figure out what this has to do with the Chinese. The writer musta needed a little filler to meet the day's quota? I'm surprised they didn't mention if he was licensed.

Presumably he was, or they would have zeroed in on that.

SEE HOW BADLY WE NEED A UN TREATY??

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well I think it's only fair, since the Chinese have been supplying weapons to the drug cartels and US gangs for years.

:+1: What goes around really bites when it comes around!

I would think that there are one of two basic possibilities here: Either our smugglers are rank amateurs or else, as previously suggested, we have Fast and Furious II as a justification for the UN Gun Grab Treaty.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :+1+ What goes around really bites when it comes around!

I would think that there are one of two basic possibilities here: Either our smugglers are rank amateurs or else, as previously suggested, we have Fast and Furious II as a justification for the UN Gun Grab Treaty.

Could be there's so many smugglers in action now, that these were just a couple that got lazy or sloppy and got caught.:dunno:

No telling how much of this is really going on that we don't know about.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Could be there's so many smugglers in action now, that these were just a couple that got lazy or sloppy and got caught.:dunno:

No telling how much of this is really going on that we don't know about.

As I see it, having traceable guns, trying to remove the serial numbers (which can be done but is extremely difficult to do in such a way that they cannot be recovered) and failing, reporting these weapons which can be traced back to you stolen, and shipping them in such a way that even the idiots on the Mooresville PD could have followed the trail right straight back to them is a complete fail at enough different levels that I could not bring myself to believe that they were conscientious smugglers who simply had an off day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As I see it, having traceable guns, trying to remove the serial numbers (which can be done but is extremely difficult to do in such a way that they cannot be recovered) and failing, reporting these weapons which can be traced back to you stolen, and shipping them in such a way that even the idiots on the Mooresville PD could have followed the trail right straight back to them is a complete fail at enough different levels that I could not bring myself to believe that they were conscientious smugglers who simply had an off day.

So harsh!

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Now that they are developing a middle class, the Chinese are going to have to get used to stuff like this. People with disposable incomes will find creative ways to spend it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Now that they are developing a middle class, the Chinese are going to have to get used to stuff like this. People with disposable incomes will find creative ways to spend it.

I hadn't considered this, but you have a really excellent point. Next thing you know, the Chinese Navy will be fighting off wayward Colombians (who, presumably, will be able to cut out the Mexican cartels!).

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    You can buy guns in China if you have enough money. You can bet there is a lot of uninvestigated smuggling and black-market trade going on.

Folks are missing the obvious point of the article. The Chinese aren't making as big a deal about this as 'our' feds. Having been burned on F&F, they're obviously looking for a success story.

As to the comments about the Chinese importing full auto weapons contrary to US law, how many posters here on INGO complain about the idiocy, or even unconstitutionality, of the NFA? How many folks would acquire a Chinese-made automatic weapon (lawfully of course) if they had a chance?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As to the comments about the Chinese importing full auto weapons contrary to US law, how many posters here on INGO complain about the idiocy, or even unconstitutionality, of the NFA? How many folks would acquire a Chinese-made automatic weapon (lawfully of course) if they had a chance?

Amen! To a large extent though, youre preachin' to the chior.

I certainly would consider purchasing a Chinese-made auto...probably couldn't afford to shoot it very often though. Would that make me a "gun-owner" instead of a "shooter"?:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom