• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I suggest everyone who has an Amazon app to go to settings and click “permissions” first off look at how they make the buttons so they ALL look like they are turned off. That is already extremely troubling how they try to hide it. Next I would like you to look at some of the permissions they ask for. They use your camera/photos to get your body shape to suggest clothing!?! There are many troubling things when you read them, I know I know. You have nothing to hide blah blah blah. I understand that, I am boring also but at some point you have to stop and think how creepy it all is.

the reason I was looking into it because I was viewing the gas stabilization thread 30 seconds before going on Amazon then I got on Amazon and the whole page was gas cans and stabil….. :nono: :oldwise: :shady::tinfoil:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So on my tablet the permissions were barely visible …. Looked on my wife’s phone and they were clearly marked?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I wonder if apple has something to do with that, is your wife's phone apple also?
    It is. I’m telling you it was bizarre. All the buttons were turned to “off” but if you looked really hard some were barely visibly bolder. Clicked and sure enough they were turned on.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It is. I’m telling you it was bizarre. All the buttons were turned to “off” but if you looked really hard some were barely visibly bolder. Clicked and sure enough they were turned on.
    Hmm, well there goes that theory.

On mine they are clear. Orange and white so pretty easy to tell

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yes out phones are always monitoring us for advertising.

A friend an I were talking about it once and I brought up something that neither of us had any real interest in, neither of us had searched for it on our phones. The next couple days I was getting ads for the thing I brought up. Look for something once and for weeks you get ads. It's just part of the stupid future we live in.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It’s pretty simple really, don’t install any apps that don’t come with the phone (except of course firefox).

My phone has one paid for app on it, RadarScope, so that I can keep tabs on the weather when I take the Firebird out for drives or car shows.

At first, I thought apps were a cool idea but as time progressed Apps were no longer doing unique or special things, they just became glorified web interfaces likely riddled with all kinds of telemetry that can’t be obtained through a browser.

I use my phone as a communication device for phone calls text and email but not as a general computing device, I save that stuff for my PC which I have much more control over.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    all the info they are collecting from me is readily available from a number of other sources. Not sure why I need to get wired up in a tizzy over this one too. Life's too short, I'm'a enjoy it.

Top Bottom