• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm just passing along some info on a great deal to my fellow hoosier preppers. Armygear.net has complete sleep systems (both bags, gortex cover, and compression bag) for $69. I've never seen a deal that good on these and I wanted to pass it along. I've got two of them already that I bought years ago for a lot more than this. Do whatever you want, but if you could use a sleeping bag this would be a great way to buy one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm just passing along some info on a great deal to my fellow hoosier preppers. Armygear.net has complete sleep systems (both bags, gortex cover, and compression bag) for $69. I've never seen a deal that good on these and I wanted to pass it along. I've got two of them already that I bought years ago for a lot more than this. Do whatever you want, but if you could use a sleeping bag this would be a great way to buy one.

Used surplus?????

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, even when it's rated at "good" condition I've never seen the whole package for that price.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That is a good deal. It is $12.40 for shipping. That is still cheaper than the last system I got at the 1500. As long as they rate them fairly.

One thing I do not like about that site is they want all your info before you see shipping costs. That stinks.

Good find though, thanks

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The really amazing part of the deal is that you could get just the sleeping bags without the gortex shell or compression bag for half of the price of the whole package. I don't know why people wouldn't want the gortex shell or compression bag, but everyone's got their reasons.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yup. Some of the best quality bags out there at a fraction of what they would cost new.

eagle5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    I just bought a bivy for $40 alone. Thanks for posting, hope others can take advantage of the deal, but I missed the boat.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    Has anybody bought these from this website? I am curious of what the condition looks like when they received it? If no one has, i may have to be the guinea pig!

eagle5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Has anybody bought these from this website? I am curious of what the condition looks like when they received it? If no one has, i may have to be the guinea pig!

Although I already purchased a bivy cover from another retailer, I decided to jump on the green/black bag deal. I can post a review and some pics when it arrive later next week (ground shipping).

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    Although I already purchased a bivy cover from another retailer, I decided to jump on the green/black bag deal. I can post a review and some pics when it arrive later next week (ground shipping).

That would be great!

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    I bit the bullet and ordered the 4 piece deal. I will also do a review of what I receive. Hopefully it is as described condition.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012

Ordered mine last Wednesday and was unsure of what the condition they would be in. I got them last night and they were in better condition the the one I was issused. All the bags snap together and zipped. I ordered 2 and both were the same truly impressed.

eagle5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    That would be great!

I received my green/black bags in the mail today, and I would rate them at very good condition. No rips or tears, all the buttons and zippers were in working condition, and the bags themselves looked clean and hardly used at all.

I also grabbed a couple ammo cans and they were in excellent shape as well. No big dents and the seals on the lids were in great shape. Only one lid had a couple specs of rust but it should clean up easily. Very happy for the price shipped, compared to what I could source locally (plus tax and gas and driving time). I'm confident these cans were better than I could have hand picked locally.

Big thumbs up for armygear.net. This was my first experience ordering from them and I'll definitely look to them again.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    I got my sleep system in the mail today and I am very impressed! There were a few faded marks but everything appears to be almost brand new! All zippers and snaps worked perfectly.

Here are some pics. This one is with the bivy cover installed.

sleep1u.jpg

I also got a sleeping system carrier bag from Amazon that fits the sleeping system in perfectly!

sleep2n.jpg

A big thumbs up to the OP!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I also got a sleeping system carrier bag from Amazon that fits the sleeping system in perfectly!

sleep2n.jpg

A big thumbs up to the OP!

What kind of bag is this? It almost looks like a butt pack for web gear. I'd love to see a link to where you found this.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    What kind of bag is this? It almost looks like a butt pack for web gear. I'd love to see a link to where you found this.

That looks like the sleep system carrier for the MOLLE II rucksack, I could be mistaken though as I do not have one... yet

Top Bottom