• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    Had to make that dreadful trip to Verizon to exchange a phone that went ****-up. They were relatively busy so I backed up to a wall between a couple displays and waited my turn. I had a good view of the monitor that tells your place in line, and a better view of the door. Today I had the whole IWB holster with the shirt tucked behind it - not sure if this is OC or CC, I call it hybrid carry. lol.

But anyway, as I was standing there people-watching, I noticed a guy nervously adjust his shirt a couple times. I then realized he was carrying the complete opposite of me. He had an OWB with just a t-shirt pulled over it. I was about to head over and chat it up with him when my name was called so I headed back to make the exchange.

As I was leaving, I saw the guy sitting down and he seemed not to be in a hurry. I walked up and asked, if he didn't mind me asking, what he was carrying. He said he had a Colt 1911 with a 5' barrel. I let him know I was glad to know I wasn't the only one carrying. His name was Matt, he said he and his wife both have their licenses so we chatted about that for a few. Seemed like a real straight shooter. Just nice to see you guys out and about, as I'm relatively new to the family.

I told him about INGO and he said he'd check it out. Maybe, maybe not. But I digress...

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    That just means their concealment-fu is better than the guy the OP saw at the phone place. ;)

I always surprise people when I start removing weapons they look at me like I just removed them from my rectum because I really don't resemble the " stereotypical " gun guy. I actually LOOK more like some random "frat guy" type.

I rather like not drawing attention to myself while keeping my eye on everyone else.

I wonder if the subject of your post is apprehensive at all about how easily you picked him out of the crowd. I know if someone spotted and singled me out like that, I would be extremely concerned about my carry method.

teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    I think he was probably OC before he stopped in at Verizon and just pulled his shirt over it so as not to scare the sheeple. I didn't think to ask him, I was just happy to see another sheepdog.

Let me ask this, is it bad etiquette to make a fellow carrier? I didn't yell it out across the store, I just let him know I was in support of carry as well. He didn't seem embarassed but I hd no intention of "calling him out."

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I wonder if the subject of your post is apprehensive at all about how easily you picked him out of the crowd.

Either new to carrying or he doesn't much care who knows, I would suspect.
    If he is nervously messin' with the t-shirt covering his OWB holster, he should just know that everyone sees it (even if they don't.)

I know if someone spotted and singled me out like that, I would be extremely concerned about my carry method.

As one who considers concealment a priority, you have obviously taken the further steps necessary in both your method and mannerisms to avoid being detected. Of course you would be concerned and would probably appreciate hearing what gave you away so you could fix it. ;)

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Had to make that dreadful trip to Verizon to exchange a phone that went ****-up. They were relatively busy so I backed up to a wall between a couple displays and waited my turn. I had a good view of the monitor that tells your place in line, and a better view of the door. Today I had the whole IWB holster with the shirt tucked behind it - not sure if this is OC or CC, I call it hybrid carry. lol.

But anyway, as I was standing there people-watching, I noticed a guy nervously adjust his shirt a couple times. I then realized he was carrying the complete opposite of me. He had an OWB with just a t-shirt pulled over it. I was about to head over and chat it up with him when my name was called so I headed back to make the exchange.

As I was leaving, I saw the guy sitting down and he seemed not to be in a hurry. I walked up and asked, if he didn't mind me asking, what he was carrying. He said he had a Colt 1911 with a 5' barrel. I let him know I was glad to know I wasn't the only one carrying. His name was Matt, he said he and his wife both have their licenses so we chatted about that for a few. Seemed like a real straight shooter. Just nice to see you guys out and about, as I'm relatively new to the family.

I told him about INGO and he said he'd check it out. Maybe, maybe not. But I digress...

That's a dang long barrel. Surprised you didn't see it right away when he walked in and it was sticking out the bottom of his pants like a peg-leg. :)

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I was carrying the same way on black friday following the wife around Jo-Ann's. I didn't even notice anyone running for the door after seeing me. It didn't even help me get through the line any faster!!! :D

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I was carrying the same way on black friday following the wife around Jo-Ann's. I didn't even notice anyone running for the door after seeing me. It didn't even help me get through the line any faster!!! :D

YOUR DOING IT WRONG!!!!

You have to take it outta the holster to get faster service!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have often seen people concealing and always wanted to say something, but always decided not to since they obviously were TRYING to conceal.

One I really wanted to talk to was a guy at the Children's Museum who was doing a very good job concealing but I know what a single hook from a Crossbreed QwikClip looks like. I wanted to ask him how he liked it and if he tried the Minituck to compare it to.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I always surprise people when I start removing weapons they look at me like I just removed them from my rectum because I really don't resemble the " stereotypical " gun guy. I actually LOOK more like some random "frat guy" type.

I get this ALL the time. I think it is so funny.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    ATM said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SafeShootingDad
    I wonder if the subject of your post is apprehensive at all about how easily you picked him out of the crowd.
    Either new to carrying or he doesn't much care who knows, I would suspect.
    If he is nervously messin' with the t-shirt covering his OWB holster, he should just know that everyone sees it (even if they don't.)

Yeah... fidgety people with weapons tend to put me into a heightened state of awareness.

Quote:
    I know if someone spotted and singled me out like that, I would be extremely concerned about my carry method.
    As one who considers concealment a priority, you have obviously taken the further steps necessary in both your method and mannerisms to avoid being detected. Of course you would be concerned and would probably appreciate hearing what gave you away so you could fix it. ;)

Yes I would want to know but the fact that someone I don't know was closing distance with me and they are aware of the fact that I'm armed would probably put me into more of a "ready" state.

Generally when I "Make" someone else who is CC or OC, there is usually just a brief eye contact that I follow up with a glace to the carry position and a short nod and smile. I think that says everything that needs to be said between armed citizens outside of sporting goods areas/stores/firearms shops where discussing weaponry is the norm.

Not that I'm an unfriendly person.... I just don't trust people I don't know (and some people I DO know I still don't trust) and I would be somewhat suspect of anyone trying to "chat me up" about firearms in a cellphone store.... at least at first.

Arieas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Indianapois
    I've always wanted to see video of that kid walking around with all those guns. Its one thing to just stand there and have them concealed, another to be able to move around and keep them concealed.

As to the OP. I don't think it would bother me if someone came up to me to talk if they noticed me CC. As long as they were friendly and polite.

I like it more when people come up and talk to me when I am OC.

Top Bottom