• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There were tracks in the snow by the side of my house that then stopped at the back sliding glass door. From there the tracks went around to a side bedroom window, and then off to the sidewalk by the road behind the house. Both neighbors have privacy fences so I know it wasn't somebody cutting through the yard to the road, especially since there were tracks to the back door and bedroom window. Since I know it wasn't me, I have to assume somebody was snooping around seeing if anything was unlocked or visible from the outside to break in. I just wanted to remind everyone that this stuff happens everyday and we need to be vigilant always...

Rocko25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Indy
    this is so true. always have to be looking out over our shoulders now a days. its sad but true.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Seems to be a lot more of this kind of stuff lately. Bad economy I guess. Unfortunately I am losing faith in humanity.

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    About two months ago, I was in my basement when I saw a shadow in one of the basement windows. Could not make out the shape due to curtains. Secured Sig 226 and slowly crept upstairs to observe exterior. ALL my windows have mirror tint, so no one can look inside. I see this guy, 50's, blue jeans, grey hair, with a german shepard walking around the back of my house. Walked to the living room and write down his license plate on his blue jeep. Determine that he's by himself. I watched him walk around the back fence (about 50 yards away), and he never approached the house. I was getting ready to go out and ask him questions, when he and the dog got in the jeep and left. Have not seen them since. Stay observant and be prepped....

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    +1

I to found tracks around my house in the snow this week. I think it was someone cutting through as they never came inside my fence

be safe

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Situational awarness can save you, and your famlies lives. To many people go through the day, paying no attention to what's going on around them. With the economy, and the political strife it's going to get worse. It's up to us gun owning, law abiding citizens to step up. Honestly we are the only real security. Not the military, or police.

rev500ss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Royal Center
    I have the luxury of having someone around my house 24/7. along with three dogs, we live out in the middle of BFE on an old dirt road that has three houses on it, one is mine, one is my wifes family, and the other is a farmer who is at the beginning of the road. we don't get much traffic out by our house, most people that make it out to our neck of BFE is either lost or up to No good. Either way both my house and my wifes family are prepared to protect our properties until the State Troopers that live a couple miles down the road show up.

be safe out there everyone, you never know when trouble comes over to visit. if you don't have an alarm system get a dog that barks at strangers, if you can't have a dog because you rent talk with your land lord about installing an alarm. every little bit of forewarning helps if you have to make a move for your sidearm.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And please don't be over-reacting, too.

An acquaintance of mine that delivers parcels told me of at least one house in my area that he refuses to deliver anything to.

Apparently the delivery man (doing his normal job) surprised a resident after dusk (it get dark at like 6:30 now). The resident said some smart alec comment to the effect that it was a good thing he didn't get shot or something along those lines.

Anyways, dumb thing to say to anyone. 1) the delivery guy doesn't have to make deliveries to that home anymore - priority or not. 2) now the delivery guy is telling people around him that the resident has firearms.

Strangers don't know what I have. I'd like it to stay that way.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good post reminding us to be aware. I noticed the same thing a week or so ago, tracks in the snow that were not left by anyone in the houshold going to weird places around the house. That is the one thing I like about snow, the fact that it leaves tracks!:D Makes it easier to see what people have been doing.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Where is your electricity meter located?

The meter is located on the opposite side of the house where the tracks were located. I had not thought of that though until you said it, so that is something for everyone to think about even though it isn't the case in my situation.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Not related to tracks in the snow, but being vigilant applies.

A co-worker of mine was on the east side on Saturday getting his hair cut. He pulled out his wad of cash (~$200) to pay the bill, and left.

He was jumped by two 20something punks. Got his nose broken but fought back. Cracked one of the punks pretty good in the face, his friend tried to tackle my co-worker who tossed him to the ground. The other guy bolted. The one tossed to the ground decided not to stick around once my Co-Worker was prepared and squared off to fight.

Stay Alert. It's dangerous out there.

Top Bottom