• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Tonight I was cleaning my kitchen and had put my Glock 17 in its holster on my dining room table. I have a sliding glass door next to the dining room and kitchen that opens to my patio. I didn't have the door locked because I just got done grilling.

While I'm cleaning, I hear my sliding glass door open which is odd to me because I'm the only one that lives here. In walks a kid probably 4 or 5, he immediately starts touching things and picking things up. I could tell pretty quick he was disabled so I smiled at him and asked him where he lived? He didn't respond and kept touching things. I grabbed my gun from the table and attached it back onto my belt because I didn't want to risk him grabbing at it.

All of a sudden, a woman walks into my apartment and sees her son and grabs him and apologizes. I smiled and told her it was no problem and that he had done no harm. She saw my gun on my side and immediately got this very angry look on her face and asked me if I thought that was really necessary? It took me a moment to figure out what she was mad about but then I looked down and I told her that I always keep it on me because you never know what might happen. She pushed her son out the door and said, "I don't think you should have guns around children." I kinda looked at her for a minute and then told her I don't have any kids. She just kept looking at me then walked out and slammed the door.

Anyway, no harm done to anyone, but I feel like I'm now obligated to lock my doors every time I turn my back and always keep an eye out for her son coming in to MY apartment and possibly getting himself hurt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Sadly, that's probably not a bad idea, just to spare you civil liability.

Remember the robber who got recompense for getting injured whilst robbing a home.

It's a mad, mad world.

Also, she sounds like an idiot.

I bet she didn't learn a lesson, here, either.

Location, location, location, friend.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Her kid barges into your home, SHE barges into your home, and she had the gall to try to chew YOU out?

Should have charged her $20 for the babysitting.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Id say that was pretty ballsey for her to come into your home and lecture you. I would have been more scared of the hot grill.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well +1 to you for not making the really crappy comment that I would have probably made to her. Talk about balls. Telling you that you shouldn't have a gun around children when it was her poor parenting that allowed the child into your place to begin with...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is hilarious! They trespass into your place and she tells you off? Man, I have heard it all.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    call CPS on the dumb CaNT for not taking care of her retarded kid! i would have told her to go suck eggs (in other words of coarse)

pretty freaky!! did he ask if youve seen his baseball?

Ranger, I thought Sarah said you guys couldn't use that word anymore? :laugh:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    call CPS on the dumb CaNT for not taking care of her retarded kid! i would have told her to go suck eggs (in other words of coarse)

pretty freaky!! did he ask if youve seen his baseball?

Bruttal, but funny.

How in the heck did you know that morning that you would be having a gun around kids? Dude, she would have left my house crying, and it wouldn't have been the first time I made some dumb a*s cry for barging into my house.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Look you really shouldnt have guns in your home. At any second of any day a small child could break into our house and pick up the gun and...well I dont even want to think about what could happen.

Also, that lady is a dummy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You know this sounds like the beginning of one of those crappy movies on Lifetime. Did she look good?

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Look you really shouldnt have guns in your home. At any second of any day a small child could break into our house and pick up the gun and...well I dont even want to think about what could happen.

Also, that lady is a dummy.

I know, I think I'm going to take my gun back to the store and return it. I'm probably gonna throw my steak knifes away too.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I hadn't even thought about that. Guess I can't grill now without thinking about him burning himself. Guess I can't fall asleep cause I have to worry about him sneaking in and taking my gun out of my holster.

he probly scorched the crap out of his hands. you wont know it until the delayed reaction thursday around this time when you see firetrucks.

best thing to do if he ever wonders in again is to QUICKLY throw a bunch of toothpicks on the ground for him to count, and go turn on jeopardy. he will be just fine. I saw it in a movie once :D

Top Bottom