• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    indianapolis
    So I happened to catch this gem of a news article, with an even bigger gem of a quote from DNR .... when did a 4-6' alligator become an animal that does NOT pose a significant risk to humans & pets?

I'll give them the fact that this alligator does not pose a risk as long as you stay the eff away from it, but something that size would have your dog for lunch if it got it's jaws around it!

:wallbash:

Indiana DNR investigating alligator sightings in Indianapolis - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    dangit! the one reason i didn't move to the southern coast, now i gotta pry my 2 year old from a gator in the mornings before i get my mail!

T/SF34/A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Its probably been living in one of the cars they left on the bottom of the lake a few years back.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Perhaps the DNR person making that statement would like to be the one to remove the non-threat.

I agree... If in any type of pond near my home I can promise I'd take my chances with discharging a firearm inside Town limits...

May no pose threat to larger dogs but 4-5ft gator is still in ballpark of 100lbs which is heavier than my 8yr old, and still has more than enough power to take kid's arm or leg off.

Not to mention that Gator Tail is some Good Eats... :rockwoot::ar15::twocents:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    So I happened to catch this gem of a news article, with an even bigger gem of a quote from DNR .... when did a 4-6' alligator become an animal that does NOT pose

I'll give them the fact that this alligator does not pose a risk as long as you stay the eff away from it, but something that size would have your dog for lunch if it got it's jaws around it!

Indiana DNR investigating alligator sightings in Indianapolis - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Its current location does not lend it to being a "a significant risk to humans & pets".

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I agree... If in any type of pond near my home I can promise I'd take my chances with discharging a firearm inside Town limits...

May no pose threat to larger dogs but 4-5ft gator is still in ballpark of 100lbs which is heavier than my 8yr old, and still has more than enough power to take kid's arm or leg off.

Not to mention that Gator Tail is some Good Eats... :rockwoot::ar15::twocents:

Just realize that the kill spot on a gator is very small according to the show "Swamp People". Otherwise you just make them angry.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    So I happened to catch this gem of a news article, with an even bigger gem of a quote from DNR .... when did a 4-6' alligator become an animal that does NOT pose a significant risk to humans & pets?

Oh yee of little faith. You need to trust the members of the govt. If they say that this is not dangerous, then its not dangerous. (Purple implied)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1. Fill the canal in downtown Indy with alligators.

2. Sparta kick criminals into canal.

3. ??????

4. Profit.

Top Bottom