• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    He fits right in with all the other freaks. I'm still hoping this current pack of duds will finally push American voters enough to clean house, but I aint holdin my breath.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    As a Minnesotan, I assure you that we are not proud. On the other hand, we could no longer afford the antics of Senator Norm Coleman either. As I have pointed out in another thread, my father worked closely with the political machine in MN and worked with Norm, Jesse Ventura(what a puke, MN will never recover from his schemes) and many others. While I share your sentiments about Al, not all he does is necessarily bad, for example:
    http://washingtonindependent.com/60...-4th-amendment-to-justice-department-official

Al Franken Reads the 4th Amendment to Justice Department Official

By Daphne Eviatar 9/23/09 12:16 PM
    Just in case he wasn’t familiar with it, Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) decided to read the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution to David Kris, assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s National Security Division, who was testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee today to urge reauthorization of expiring provisions of the USA Patriot Act.
    Franken, who opened by acknowledging that unlike most of his colleagues in the Senate, he’s not a lawyer, but according to his research “most Americans aren’t lawyers” either, said he’d also done research on the Patriot Act and in particular, the “roving wiretap” provision that allows the FBI to get a warrant to wiretap a an unnamed target and his or her various and changing cell phones, computers and other communication devices.
    Noting that he received a copy of the Constitution when he was sworn in as a senator, he proceeded to read it to Kris, emphasizing this part: “no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
    “That’s pretty explicit language,” noted Franken, asking Kris how the “roving wiretap” provision of the Patriot Act can meet that requirement if it doesn’t require the government to name its target.
    Kris looked flustered and mumbled that “this is surreal,” apparently referring to having to respond to Franken’s question. “I would defer to the other branch of government,” he said, referring to the courts, prompting Franken to interject: “I know what that is.”
    Kris explained that the courts have held that the law’s requirements that the person be described, though not named, is sufficient to meet the demands of the Constitution. That did not appear to completely satisfy Franken’s concerns.
    Today’s Judiciary Committee hearing has so far proceeded much the way yesterday’s House Judiciary Committee subcommittee hearing did, with Democrats (except the Justice Department witness) expressing skepticism that the current law adequately protects Americans’ civil liberties and Republicans emphasizing the need to have all possible tools for law enforcement available because another major terrorist attack could occur at any time.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Franken is proof that we have a bunch of brainless jokers running our formerly great government. We need a major house (and senate) cleaning.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, that's a good idea for him to do that. I particularly liked the line about most Americans not being lawyers. I find it odd though, that guys like him will berate others about 1 or 2 constitutional rights, then wipe their butts with the rest of em.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I was always mystified by that liberal streak that runs through Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. Most of the rest of the center part of the country is pretty conservative outside of large metro areas...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I was always mystified by that liberal streak that runs through Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
    The only Liberal streak in MN is effin Minneapolis, WI suffers from all of chitcagos rejects and refugees primarily in Madison and Milwaukee and IA, well I. O.we the W.orld an A.pology or I.diots O.ut W.andering A.round, you choose.

Last edited:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I was always mystified by that liberal streak that runs through Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. Most of the rest of the center part of the country is pretty conservative outside of large metro areas...

Yep, me too. I have some family in upper Wisconsin and those guys are not liberal.

Al Frankin is a bully, I wish someone would knock him on his a$$.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Have you ever noticed how these liberals like this are always whining about giving everyone an equal chance, and how bad the conservatives are for not wanting to give handouts to every a-hole under the sun, yet under all that facade, they are the most bitter and hateful people you could imagine? That is how Al Franken has always came across to me. Mean spirited "humor"is all he's got. without attacking somebody, there is nothing for him to say.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    As a Minnesotan, I assure you that we are not proud. On the other hand, we could no longer afford the antics of Senator Norm Coleman either. As I have pointed out in another thread, my father worked closely with the political machine in MN and worked with Norm, Jesse Ventura(what a puke, MN will never recover from his schemes) and many others.

What did Ventura do that would cause you to label him a puke? What did he do that MN can never recover from? Just curious, puke and "never recover" are pretty strong words. :)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    What did Ventura do that would cause you to label him a puke? What did he do that MN can never recover from? Just curious, puke and "never recover" are pretty strong words.
    For starters there's the gay sex scandal in the public mens room involving his cabinet members, then there's the light rail system he forced upon us that is guaranteed to lose at least $16million a year for the first 10 years then increase exponentially each year therafter.....Still no one uses that train except a few canuck tourists that visit the MOA. If that isn't bad enough Franken, Klobuchar and the great O are expanding the rail system right now. No one uses it or ever will. Then there's the damage Jesse did to the emerging indepence party. The party was building steam and making progress nationally until Jesse screwed it up.....The first 3rd party to show any promise....

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Al Franken wrote "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations." I read it about 12 years ago. It cracked me up.:laugh:

Who is the big fat idiot?

al_franken_bunny_web.jpg

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    For starters there's the gay sex scandal in the public mens room involving his cabinet members, then there's the light rail system he forced upon us that is guaranteed to lose at least $16million a year for the first 10 years then increase exponentially each year therafter.....Still no one uses that train except a few canuck tourists that visit the MOA. If that isn't bad enough Franken, Klobuchar and the great O are expanding the rail system right now. No one uses it or ever will. Then there's the damage Jesse did to the emerging indepence party. The party was building steam and making progress nationally until Jesse screwed it up.....The first 3rd party to show any promise....

Thanks for the reply! I was unaware of the light rail system.

Top Bottom