• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LS!&*DUBB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    You really need to ask yourself why do you want the gun.... if you plan to compete with it and shoot long range and have your buddies look at it and say WOW thats purdy then you should buy and AR.

I have 2 AKs because they will shoot crap ammo all the time, every time and I have never had a time that it didn't go bang when I pulled the trigger.

I don't plan on having a bad guy tell me what a nice looking gun I have, if it's pointing at them it's because I plan to defend me and mine and if I have to pull the trigger it will go bang.

Here is one of mine.

AKS005.jpg

AKS001.jpg

Sorry, I'm an oppinionated bastard..... An AK style rifle is what it is. Durable, no BS. It simply goes bang! It will hit a man sized target on iron sights with no doubt. Just don't expect the round to follow your sight. OTOH, an AR has a much more predictable outcome. Apples and Oranges..... what is your purpose? This is my experience!

lpso708

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    I hear you why just have one. Without shooting yourself hoe will you know. So have a good old time

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    The AR isn't on my list at all. AK if your looking for a good all around reliable Plinking and home defence weapon. L1A1 or FAL for longer ranges. Then the there are the two best battle rifles ever made. The M1 Garand or the M14. Springfiled makes a civi of the M14. As for the Garand find a original. There both realiable and are the most accurate.
    I've carried both the M16A2 & M4. I liked my A2 cause it had a M203 40mm Grenade launcher mounted to it. But the 5.56 round was to weak to do much damage and wouldn't fire though alot of objects. Most guys tried to grab AK or even get a hold of an M14 or a FNL. If one was lying around.
    If I were to have an AR it would be the regular M16A2 version. Why it's heavier with a full stock you have a more stable fireing platform.
    Another reliable weapon for close in work that get's over looked in todays high tech world. The M1 carbine I have owned several all WWII or Korean war issue. My cuurent one was made by IBM in 1942. Not great for long distance. But great for home defence. They are reliable and have good stopping power at close to moderate ranges.

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    Yes...The 5.56 will drop a person usualy with multiple hits. It does have trouble penitrating objects. like heavy doors cinder block,backed mud brick,goats. This is just my personnel experience with this weapon.Particularly the 5.56 round. The idea of the 5.56 round is to wound causing the enemy to use more man power caring for a wounded commerad. Problem is that the enemy just leaves there wounded while they use heavier cal. weapons to kill there targets. This is one reason they started using high capacity rounds not long after the M16 was issued to troops in Vietnam they were issued 20 rd mags.Why because the suits all figured a bullets a bullet and since the M14 had a 20 round mag they in there REMF minds decided ti give the troops 20rd mags. However they soon found that even a small branch will deflect the 5.56mm rd. so large capacity mags.
    Sorry. I tend to get on a soap box.

LS!&*DUBB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I like the AK for it's simple usefulness. MY AR is precise. I just wish the AR was was originally designed for a larger caliber.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Not that my opinion means anything.... But a VZ-58 is kinda the best of both worlds and more solid. Nearly as accurate as an AR15 , shoots the 7.62x39! And goes bang every time! Milled reciever, chrome barrel, chrome gas piston, and still lighter than an AK47. Try one they are worth every penny!

james13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Completely different platforms. I’m a big fan of the AK. Simple to operate and very reliable.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Took the WASR10 out to the range yesterday.
    I guess I'm going to need to do something about the trigger slap.
    About 3 mags and my finger is still buzzing.

Other than that not a single FTF and a pretty good
    group at 50 yds. with the slightly wonky iron sights.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Took the WASR10 out to the range yesterday.
    I guess I'm going to need to do something about the trigger slap.
    About 3 mags and my finger is still buzzing.

Other than that not a single FTF and a pretty good
    group at 50 yds. with the slightly wonky iron sights.

My WASR10 has 0 trigger slap, I have an extra Tapco trigger group (single slot) if you don't have one in yours.

With a few mods the WASR10s are really good shooters.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Ak or AR....Makes me think of the time I couldn't afford an AR so I bought a Mak 90 in .223. It was not for a guy that does reloding ...dented every case on the way out.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm trying to build up a large enough stock of SHTF rifles to equip the entire family. I chose 7.62x39 and have been going the AK and SKS route. AR's would be too expensive.

-Calvin

Top Bottom