• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I have been searching for a forward sling loop made ambidextrous for lefties. Does anyone know if this even exists? I would like to try running a 2 point sling on my AK. Thanks.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have been searching for a forward sling loop made ambidextrous for lefties. Does anyone know if this even exists? I would like to try running a 2 point sling on my AK. Thanks.
    They might exist but I've never seen one.
    I've just learned to pull the rifle from my right shoulder and grab the pistol grip with my left hand as it crosses my waist.
    Being a lefty just means that you have to adapt to a "wrong handed" world. :D
    Mike

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    I just went though this with a buddy.

Watch this video of Larry Vickers (lefty) with his modernized AK and you can see how his sling is attached at the front: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACcrtrFgDE8]YouTube - Larry Vickers and the Modernized AK[/ame]

He is using one of these at the front: ::BLUEFORCEGEARâ„¢::

It is attached to the AK's front sling mounting point (on the handguard retainer cap) and passed between the barrel and gas tube. It works perfectly. My buddy runs his with an Ultimak.

For the rear you can do a number of things. If it is wood you may be able to mount a sling swivel. I suggest mounting it as close to the back of the receiver as you can (allows more mobility for things like reloads and immediate action drills). Or, if you are going to use a Blue Force Gear sling you can use one of these wrapped around the slim part of the stock: ::BLUEFORCEGEARâ„¢::

That should do it.

Top Bottom